*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632574-Ablixo-and-Cherys
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1632574
A theory of how the universe came into existence. Written in 6th grade.
“I’m bored, mother.” Sighed Cherys. “I know you are, son, but be patient; they will be here soon.” Answered Ablixo.
Ablixo and Cherys sat on their bed of nebula, staring all around them. Nothing met their eyes but the empty blackness of space, a canvas waiting to be painted on. Mother and son were sitting at the edge of the galaxy called Zalos, the first galaxy created by the goddess Ablixo and her mortal son Cherys.
Suddenly, a grand mass of living things was spotted in the distance of this unfinished masterpiece. It was a herd of dragons and unicorns, come to help Ablixo and Cherys create another painting.
“Mother, mother! Look! They’ve come!” Cherys leaped into the air with a whoop. Ablixo stood on the nebula and called to the animals, “Come, my brothers and sisters, help us create a galaxy that we shall call ‘The Milky Way.’ Create stars and planets, and a black hole in the middle. I shall direct you more later on. Go now!” The dragons immediately began spreading out and blowing huge balls of fire. These were to be the stars. The unicorns arranged the stars into patterns, and made the outline of the galaxy with the larger stars. The patterns were to be constellations. Ablixo smiled at her son as she watched the Milky Way begin to come together. “Come, Cherys,” Ablixo chanted softly, “we shall help the unicorns create the planets.”
Ablixo and Cherys floated to the edge of the new galaxy. They went in a little way, and started forming spheres of gas and rock. Then they threw them into the far regions of the galaxy.
After a while of creating planets and stars, Ablixo set to work with the unicorns making the stars fly. These were to be called shooting stars or comets. After many of the stars and planets were made, the unicorns and dragons started on the black hole in the middle. After many days the black hole was finished. Ablixo smiled as Cherys leaped from star to star, exploring the new Milky Way. “I’m a comet!” he cheered as he flew on the tail of a shooting star. Ablixo smiled, then, contented, she lay on her bed of nebula and slept the whole night through.
Upon waking, Ablixo found Cherys at the edge of the cloud of dust, sulking. “My, child,” the mother asked, “why do you not play?” Cherys’s eyes were red from lack of sleep, and he answered, “This galaxy is wonderful. But there is no other person to share it with.” Ablixo’s heart sank at her son’s words. She put an arm around Cherys’s shoulders, and said, “Son, I shall create for you a solar system all your own. With nine planets and the largest star in the universe.” Cherys nodded and hugged his mother, burying his face in her shoulder. “Thank you!” he whispered
After a long embrace, Ablixo set Cherys to bed, then began on the solar system of Cherys, our solar system. First she made Pluto, then Neptune, Uranus, Saturn, and Jupiter. Halfway through Uranus, Ablixo took a short break. After finishing Jupiter, the caring goddess made a belt of rock, the asteroid belt, to sleep upon ‘till morning.
When the mother woke up, she started on Mars, Earth, Venus, and Mercury. Earth she paid special attention to: she wanted it to be the most beautiful of all the planets; and she succeeded.
After resting from all her hard work, Ablixo summoned the dragons to create the sun. Then she had the unicorns create life on Earth. It was perfect. Ablixo put the finishing touches on the solar system, and then beckoned her son. “Cherys,” she whispered, “I want you to live on Earth. So I am going to turn you into a red fruit, and I shall call that berry a cherry, after your name. Go now, and be peaceful.” Cherys hugged his mother, then, in a whirlwind, he was a cherry. Ablixo gently set him on Earth, and watched as he played with the other plants.
To this day the cherry remains. So think twice before you bite into that juicy red berry. It could be a descendant Cherys, mortal son of goddess Ablixo.
© Copyright 2010 Alexandria Riddle (berrycherry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632574-Ablixo-and-Cherys