*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632972-Dear-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #1632972
Dear me...
Dear me,

         A new year has been born as the old died. Looking back at my memories from 2009, I am slightly saddened. It was not a very good year for me, was it? Quite the contrary; it was unstable and scary. Maybe this year will be different. I’ll make it different.

         Now, I know there are some things I have no control over, the natural order of the world for example. However, I can be in control of me, and I plan to.

         First, I want to be completely honest. Not just with others, though. I need to be honest and open with myself. I need to know how I feel and how to act accordingly. I need to say ‘no’ when I mean ‘no’, and ‘stop’ when I am uncomfortable with anything. I think that this will help a lot of my problems ease, if not disappear.

         Second, I need to maintain a constant effort at all of my relationships. My friends and family need more attention than I give them, sometimes. I don’t want them slipping away, as so many have last year.

         Third, I want to figure out where I want to go to college and what courses to take once there. I can’t follow my dreams if I don’t even have a path. I need to find the right place for me, for what I want to do; don’t let anybody else’s opinion change yours.

         Fourth, I want to finish writing one story of my own creation. At least once a week, I’d like to devote an hour at least to working on my piece. If I want to be a writer, I need to consistently write…right?

         Fifth, I want to have a voice. My opinions and thoughts matter and I want them to be heard. I can’t change the world if I don’t let the world know what is wrong. I am working on finding my voice; once I find it, I must capture it, never let it go. One’s voice is possibly the most important quality one can have in their lifetime. It shows your personality, shares your thoughts, and demands your rights.

         If I can accomplish these five things, this year truly be a Happy New Year.

                                                                     You Sincerely,

                                                                     Me
© Copyright 2010 thedeadgirlepilogues (iamghost at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632972-Dear-Me