*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633004-Never-Stop-Talking
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1633004
This is a story of a princess that hates being a princess.
                                              Never Stop Talking

               



    I woke with nine maids hovering over me. “Warm towel?,” my first lady in waiting asked. “Foot scrub, manicure, pedicure, facial, ?” asked my second lady in waiting. “No thanks,” I said and yawned loudly. “Cover your mouth!” said the third with a disgusted face. “Give her some time to wake up,” said Lana; secretly my favorite lady in waiting. I stepped out of bed and walked to my closet, all the poufy dresses lined up. My ladies in waiting grabbed a hideous salmon-yellow dress and I grabbed it from them a little bit snootily and went back into the giant closet to change. How annoying, I fumed in my mind. They wanted to dress me, I ranted on in my head. I left the closet and brushed my hair briefly, put it in a ponytail and looked in the mirror. I had crystal blue eyes, brown hair with natural blond highlights and freckles on my face. Soon after the ladies in waiting attacked me, brushed my hair and put braids in the front attaching in the back of my head.

                   

    Giving in I went down the stairs to the banquet hall. “Welcome princess Guinevere,” the people of my father's court said cheerfully. I walked through the tables to the largest one and sat down on the chair next to my mom queen Morgana. I ate french toast and went back up stairs and threw myself onto my bed a bit too dramatically. I spent up until lunch time plotting to get out of the castle and have fun like other eleven year olds. I went to Lana's room next to my own and found her eating her small lunch. “I have a plan,” I stated triumphantly. “A plan for what?”, she asked. “For me to break out of hear,” I said “But I will need your help.”



    Lana went down the stairs to the kitchen and grabbed a cookie jar and filled it to the brim with cookies. She then went to the library took a quill pen, paper, and  a bunch of flint matches. Lana brought the items to me and I pulled out a black jumpsuit. I put on the jumpsuit took the items Lana took and put them in a purple sack over my shoulder. I put a black mask on. I thought of how this mask would change my life for the better. “Bye Lana thank you for everything,” then I left and went down the stairs.



    I ran to the wooden gates and took the matches out of my bag and scraped one against the stone; causing a flame. I put the match next to the wood and waited until the angry fire chewed the wood away.



    I ran into the forest and found a soft patch of fresh grass. I had a hard time of sleeping with a of the bugs crawling everywhere. I woke up to see a tiny Elf owl looking at me right in front of my face it was wearing a green shirt cut to have squares poke out and the go back in on the seams. He was wearing green pants and a green hat with a red feather sticking out of the top part. He also had on a brown belt with a small sword attached to it. He cocked his head questioningly. “Awww,” said unable to stop myself. He turned his head around, as if he was thinking I was looking at someone else behind him. “I am Kaghn the great warrior and who are you?,” he said squeakily. “Guinevere the princess of Ka ,” I said. “Now why would a nestling like you be out here in this forest,” he said sternly. “I hate being a princess!,” I said huffily. “It is my duty to serve such a hatchling,”, he said and jumped onto my shoulder. “Okay,” I said plainly. “Off we go,” Kaghn confidently.



    I walked for about six hours and took a break under a tree to split a cookie with Kaghn. Suddenly, a giant man jumped out. “Who are you?,” asked the giant man in a booming voice. He had huge muscles, soft eyes, and a big tattoo of a pink pony prancing.    “Guinevere the princess of Ka and this is Kaghn the warrior,” I said shakily; Kaghn on the other hand took a deep bow. “Why are you little mouses out here?,” he asked. “I'm protecting her said Kaghn defensively. “Who are you,” I asked a bit too harshly. “I am Uther... the knight,” he said sadly. “Let me join you, I need some company,” Uther asked. “Sure,”  I told him. “Let's settle hear,” I said and fell asleep.

   

    When I woke up Uther had built the floor of our houses all in two separate trees. By lunch time Uther had made the houses. I loved the house and thanked Uther a lot. I was so happy. I did miss my parents though so I wrote them and Kaghn delivered it. In two days my parents moved out of the castle and lived with me and Uther took place, as king and from then on I told my parents everything.

© Copyright 2010 Melanie (josie101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633004-Never-Stop-Talking