*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633139-Jack-The-Ripper
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Death · #1633139
We commonly know Jack The Ripper to be a man but was he ? Enjoy a different point of view
Oh how I weep as I see your eyes drift over so many other faces.
Do I not please thee my lord when I cater for your every desire.
Am I not the one you wooed not in earnest and whom stole my heart from its very cage and hastened yet quelled its anxious beating with words resembling the heartbeat of the earth.
Oh yes now I know your lyrical tongue and romantic lips are not just reserved for my audience,
but the whores at your side and harlots who seem to now be the prides of your arm.
Oh yes my gentle lord don’t look so unsure of my words for I speak the truth by god.
But I shall not be the gossip of the ladies in court due to your pleasures and depravities.
They know who they cavort with my love, do not think that such a cloak and dagger disguise fool there trained observant eyes even though it may be dark.
I do what must be done after you take your fill of fun.
And you have seen me lurking in the shadows,
a ghost in corners watching your movements.
My bodice permanently stained red and rouged like a child’s white dress after partaking of plentiful berries at will.
And a garter such a convenient place to conceal a blade under all of these petticoats.
And I know you know,
I see your grin as you look in my direction.
As you leave the devils Ladies of the night to tidy them self’s for the next few shillings of another’s sirs pleasure. 
Do not speak to me my love.
For your tongue has the power of charm and seduction the likes of which makes the devil see you equal.
But thou you have the tongue of the beast I know now that I  would be welcomed to sit at his table and drink with the devil himself from crystal goblets for the deeds I have done in your name.
To save yours, my own and the family’s good name 
Oh such stature with depraved acts leads to such fruitful gossip.
I do this most of all for love.
I hope with all my heart you will stop cavorting with such women and find content with me.
So I may cease my quest though just is also an up-most gruesome a task.
When you find me still by your side after if needs be all harlots have died,
then you will love me as you once did.
And I may stop for I will have you …. My sweet lord ….as my own once more.
© Copyright 2010 J.A.Jordan (jussyj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633139-Jack-The-Ripper