*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633306-If-You-Could-See-Yourself-Thru-My-Eyes
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1633306
A sonnet to my love...
If you could see yourself through my eyes, this is what you would see.

A good man, standing tall, erect, carrying the weight of those he loves on his broad shoulders.

A proud man, refusing to be defeated by the shadows that reflect in his eyes.

You'd see a man who questions himself but puts on a stone face for the world's view.

A man who wants to be held, to be rocked, to be loved, but doesn't quite know how to reach out beyond the perimeter he has created for himself.

If he steps outside his comfort zone, he may be consumed...but what he doesn't realize is that fear has already consumed him.

If he loves, he will be hurt.  If he trusts, he will be let down.  If he gives, it won't be considered good enough.

Never knowing for sure, but not having enough faith to take the chance again.

If you could look through my eyes, this is what you would see.

You'd see a fine man.  A Godly man.  A professional man.  A father.  A son.  A lover.  A friend.

Well, what else would you see if you could look through the eyes of me.

You'd see your reflection in every move I make, every thought I think, every breath I take.

You'd see yourself in my dreams, in my aspirations, in my growth.

You'd see a  man that is so loved by a woman.

You'd see my first true unconditional love.

If you could look through my eyes...you'd see YOU.
© Copyright 2010 Queenbeing (sweetcocoa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633306-If-You-Could-See-Yourself-Thru-My-Eyes