*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633453-Im-not-trying-to
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Opinion · #1633453
My opinion on something all of us do
I’ve been in the corporate world in the banking industry since 1994 and I have never heard so much bullshit in all my life from people who go and tell the boss about a problem they are having with someone else and then end the problem with “I’m not trying to complain or get anyone in trouble.”

What the hell do you call it then? It is complaining people, simple and plain. Whenever you have a problem with someone and you run and tell someone else in a position of power about that, it’s complaining.

I’ve heard that line so many times, that I just roll my eyes in my head when I know that line is about to out of someone’s mouth.

Now, what does “I’m not trying to complain or get anyone in trouble” really mean? Well, to me, it is the way people try to cover the fact that they are acting like a five year old by tattle telling on another adult.

Why is it that adults get a high from getting other adults in trouble at work?

When I was younger I could not understand how we grow up from children to adults that can learn a complicated job that allows us to rank as “specialist” in that area of business yet resort to childish antics whenever there is a chance.

But, I think I’ve figure out the problem.

First of all for those of us who have grown up with siblings and are first born, your natural inclination is to be a leader. Parents tell you to set an example since you are the oldest. Well, children do not exactly know what setting an example is when they want to just be a child like the other siblings. Now, if you are an only child, it is just natural to think it is your way or the highway.

Next, we go to school and have to follow the leader which is usually some favorite student of the teacher as you stand in line etc. Now, if you do not like that person the “I’m not trying to complain or get anyone in trouble” goes into full force. You will watch that (pet) student carefully for anything that you can run and tell the teacher about to cause that student a punishment from the teacher. After that goal is accomplished, you feel good about yourself for getting someone else in trouble, as if you just won a trophy for doing a good job.

This action of watch, tell, laugh continues throughout our life. We all have done it at one point or another, I know I have but I do not say “I’m not trying to complain or get anyone in trouble” at the end of my rant because that is exactly what I am trying to do.

So people, the next time you run to tell a parent, teacher, instructor, boss or anyone else in a position of power of that person something about them that will cause them to be reprimanded.

Just remember these sage words, you are trying to complain or get someone in trouble so just stop it and admit to yourself what you are really doing and either shut your mouth or own up to it. Plain and simple.

© Copyright 2010 Jewells (joinella at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633453-Im-not-trying-to