*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633580-Lucy--McHolmes
Rated: E · Chapter · Writing · #1633580
this story is about a girl that gets sent to live with her father
No one ever saw him as a father figure or ever thought he would have any children for that matter not with how he was always busy with his work and never had a girlfriend or even fall love for that matter. No one knew though how he did fall in love once and only once for the name of the girl for that matter not even his best-friend knew the name of the girl that his best-friend fell in love with mostly because his best-friend had always referred to the girl as the one.

“Good morning Luke good morning Sean” said Megan McRose going to pass a message along to them Luke McHolmes’s maid and chef “good morning Megan” said Luke and Sean McHeart Luke’s best-friend. “There is a very nice young woman here to see you” said Megan “please show her to my sitting room” said Luke “alright Luke” said Megan. “Care to join me” said Luke “of course after all you Luke don’t get very many young women looking for you unless they need your help and I know that you like to have my assistance with your work from time to time” said Sean. “Let’s see what this nice young woman is looking for so we can help her” said Luke “alright Luke” said Sean as they went to the sitting room to meet the young woman so that they can find out what she needs Luke’s help for.

“Hello I am Luke McHolmes this is my companion and associate Sean McHeart I have asked him to join me while we talk he is very helpful” said Luke seeing the young woman from behind just starring out the window. She didn’t say anything she just held a letter up with Luke’s name on it so he took it recognizing the hand writing on the front of the letter “excuse me are you to bring back an answer to the writer of the letter?” asked Luke the young woman just remained silent as she looked out the window. “Would you like to sit?” asked Sean as Luke opened the letter it read ‘My Dearest Lucas how I miss you if I could return to you then I would but I must stay in my time. I know this is a lot to ask of you but please hear me out before you say no the young woman before you today is your daughter her name is Lucy Cecelia McHolmes she is fifteen years old. She can no longer stay in my time with me mostly because someone has found out that she is a psychic and unfortunately psychics are not common in my time. She is also a child of the angels Lucy was born on August fifth please Lucas take very good care of her I miss you I love you. With all my love always and forever yours, Selene Cecelia McRose’ Luke folded the note and placed in his pocket.

“With the abilities that you do have are you able to speak out loud?” said Luke in Lucy’s mind “no after all with my psychic abilities and with my child of the angel abilities it is rather hard for me to speak out loud” said Lucy in Luke’s mind. “We will help you with your speech so will Megan she is the very nice woman that showed you in and let me know you are here” said Luke finally seeing what Lucy looks like “Luke does she have a speech problem?” asked Sean “not exactly a lot of children of the angels use telepathy when they talk so they don’t talk out loud very often” said Luke looking at Lucy he noticed that she has his raven black hair, hawk like nose, square chin but her mum’s hazel eyes while he has blue eyes.

“Who is the young girl?” asked Sean “I am very sorry about that Sean this is my daughter Lucy Cecelia McHolmes Lucy this is my best-friend Sean McHeart” said Luke. “Who is the young girls mother Luke?” asked Sean “her mother is the one with the abilities Lucy has it will be best for her to be here with me than with her mother” said Luke “mum has told me that before my hearing is very good it is just my speech that is the trouble” said Lucy in Luke’s mind “I do apologize Lucy” said Luke “your apology accepted Lucas does Mr. McHeart have telepathy?” said Lucy in Luke’s mind.

“No but I do have away he can hear what you say” said Luke “how?” asked Sean before Lucy could with her telepathy “with this a friend of mine that knows you mum couldn’t use telepathy so he had to wear this. The ring makes the faint psychic abilities that all people have stronger so that telepathy is possible this way they can use telepathy as a way to communicate. I didn’t need the ring though your mum gave it to him telling me if I ever need it again to just hold on to it I have more than one that does the same thing” said Luke “I understand” said Lucy in Luke’s mind.

“At least it wont look like a wedding band” said Sean putting the ring on his right ring finger “Selene made sure that the ring will not look like a Claddagh ring instead of a wedding band” said Luke “she also made some necklaces as well this way if someone doesn’t want to wear a ring then they can wear a necklace it has to be touching the skin of the wearer either by a chain or in ring form” said Lucy in Luke’s mind. “How long will it be Luke before I can hear what Lucy has to say?” asked Sean “it will only take a short amount of time before she will be able to sense your mind is open so she can speak in to your mind” said Luke.

“Did my mum ever learn to speak out loud?” asked Lucy in Luke’s mind “yes she did learn to speak out loud I taught her your mum was very quick with learning to speak out loud. She mostly listened to what everyone else was saying around her your mum was very careful of who did hear her speak out loud until she was more confident in speaking out loud” said Luke. “I have met your mum before she had told me that English is not her native language what language is it you speak out loud?” said Sean “it is called the language of the angels all children of the angels speak it the language of the angels is the first language we learn to speak out loud” said Lucy in Sean’s mind he looked a little shocked.

“You will get use to it” said Luke “teg esu ot tahw?” asked Lucy “hearing a persons voice inside you head when it is not something that normally happens” said Luke “what did she ask you?” asked Sean “she said ‘get use to what’ only she had said it in the language of the angels” said Luke “alright well Lucy how exactly do you say Luke’s name in your native language?” asked Sean “revol yob” said Lucy “actually he means my real-name not your mum‘s name for me” said Luke “ekul” said Lucy.

“The first one that she said relov yob is lover boy her mum’s name for me ekul means Luke please correct me if I say any of this wrong but Sean is naes Lucy is ycul mum is amam dad is apap I don’t remember much else ruoy amam deirt ot hcaet em eht egaugnal gnola emit oga I just told Lucy ‘your mum tried to teach me the language along time ago’ after all she and I used telepathy a lot of the time to talk” said Luke.

“So their language is ours just backwards” said Sean “ytterp hcum” said Lucy knowing they were all told that their language is like what others call English only all words are pronounced backwards “yes pretty much with the exception of some words that is” said Luke. “Ra wonk pi lleps taht lliw ekam ti os uoy htob nac kaeps ym egaunal” said Lucy “you can use it” said Luke “use what?” asked Sean “sorry Lucy said ‘I ra know wonk a pi spell lleps that taht will lliw make ekam it ti so os you uoy both htob can nac speak kaeps my ym language egaunal. There are some words I don’t remember from what your mum taught me but I remember some words you will still be learning English though” said Luke “thgirla ekul” said Lucy before saying the spell so that Luke, Megan and Sean will know what she is saying Luke knew that she had told him alright Luke before saying the spell.
© Copyright 2010 RJ Perry (silverlunawolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633580-Lucy--McHolmes