*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633624-Dear-Me
by Z.P
Rated: · Other · Emotional · #1633624
Here is my Dear Me contest entry. Hopefully it's worth something.
Dear Me,

You've got a lot of work to do, don't you. You never seem to meet any expectations you set for yourself. This year has to be different. This year needs to be about you releasing your all too passionate and creative energy that has built up over six years. 2010 is the year everything comes together. Although you are only sixteen years old, it’s time to find yourself as a writer and as a person.

This year, the first part of your series will be written well, at least half of it. It has been locked in me for much too long; my characters deserve to roam freely as any do and it’s time you allow them that right. This year, figurative language has to be improved. The poetic side of your mind needs to shine. Although, don’t bother killing yourself over trying to make any sort of rhyming poetry.

You have way too many passions and obsessions to have fantasy and mythology be the only aspects that come through. It’s time to feel passionate about writing again. You are going to develop a story with music, perhaps a musical or even a play. It doesn’t have to be completed by this year, but it’ll be a good way to keep the creative juices flowing. Besides developing the creative side of your writing, you also need, yes need, to release your emotions.

You’ve bundled everything inside since age eight and you know that the only way to keep from exploding is by writing it. But it has been noticed that your work isn’t emotional enough for your liking. You have to start writing in a way that people will not only see it but feel it. If you’re not laughing or angry or crying as you’re writing, stop because whatever you’re doing is wrong. You know you’re passionate and emotional, you know you need emotions to make something worth reading. Make sure you feel what you write. Be passionate about what you write. This year you’re going to write work that means something. Not solely in depth of context, but also by the emotions that can sweep an audience off their feet. It’s time to stop being the person who envy others who can make a reader see, feel, and believe something. You have the potential, you know you do. Work hard towards it. But remember that with all this seriousness of writing to bring pleasure to others, that writing is your life; don’t completely turn it into a science. Have fun with it and be zealous. It’s time to write something moving and beautiful. No more slacking. No more doubting your skill. Not just with writing, but it everything you do. This is the year you show, truly show, how imaginative and nearly crazy you are.


With Love
You

P.S
Don’t forget about your theater craze! Watch as many plays as possible. Keep reading. And don’t be afraid release your inner dork.
© Copyright 2010 Z.P (bloo1805 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633624-Dear-Me