*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1634254-Scars
by alicia
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1634254
A day that seemed normal at first- was a day that left a scar in Lowstar High.
It was a beautiful, crisp February day. I touched my straightened blond hair and checked my makeup. I felt confident in a new outfit- gray leggings, a denim miniskirt, and a slightly tight Lowstar 2009 Cheer leading tee. But I was perfect, no matter what I wore. I was tall, tan, blonde - beautiful. I was top of the social hierarchy. I had tons of friends, and a perfect boyfriend. I was Winter Achux.

As I stepped outside, the crisp winter air pinched my cheeks and I instantly felt refreshed, thinking today was going to be great, but little did I know what was coming to me.

My heels clicked against the checkered tiles. As soon as I made my entrance, I was greeted by my two best friends, Kelly and Hope. They complimented on my uber-cute makeup, which was basically effortless. But who could blame them?

I noticed something flash in the corner in my eye. As I turned around, I nearly laughed out loud when I realized it was Sarah's ugly jacket. It was bright purple and hung down to her shoes. Kelly and Hope buried their faces into my jacket, trying not to laugh so hard. I smiled a devious little half smile, revealing my perfectly whitened teeth.
"Nice coat, Sarah." I did my signature laugh, throwing my platinum hair behind my shoulders and laughing out loud. She looked down, as if she were trying to hide something... like a smart little smirk.

I walked away, and Kelly and Hope both followed me into the lunchroom. I could feel the heat coming from the smelly food bar, which was the reason I always made my own lunch- not that I ever ate it.

When I turned around, looking for Mitchell, my boyfriend- I noticed Sarah, sitting right behind me, a smirk still sitting on her smug little face. I glared at her, sneering.
"What do YOU want?" I sighed, crossing my arms, and turning back around to my table.

"Oh my God..." I heard someone gasp behind me, followed by screams.

Kelly's eyes widened. I didn't know what was going on, but all she did was whisper,
"Get up, Winter, get up now and run.."

I decided not to question and quickly ducked under the table and crawled out the other side, and as soon as I did, I noticed what was happening. I shrieked and started to run, but I was cut short by a stinging pain in my backside.


I awoke in the hospital- there was so much beeping machines and so much pain I didn't even understand. From what I'd heard, Sarah had a gun.
Then it became clear to me.
The long trench coat, the smug look- it was all so clear. All the mean things I had said to her, all the times I had pushed her in the hallway- it had all backfired.

My mom stood up, gently touching my hand and looking at me sincerely, before taking a big sigh. "Winter... something bad happened to Kelly."
© Copyright 2010 alicia (cuppycakez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1634254-Scars