*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1634428-Lonely-Flast-Fiction-Contest-Entery
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by A
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1634428
First time I wrote on here, just something spur of the moment, so don't get excited.
It took me only an instant to feel uncomfortable waking in a dark unending hall. I found my self standing, posed to go down it's length. I was curious though, thinking I must be right at the entrance, finding myself here in the condition I did. As I thought to look for the door I had an eerie thought, "Whatever you do, don't look back".
It had felt as if someone with my voice whispered it carefully in my ear, so I couldn't help but run. I thought to myself that there was no where to go, and it was hopeless, but as I would begin to slow I could feel it echo to me, "Whatever you do, don't look back".
I felt my life's memories flow through a filter in my mind, remember little details here and there. Had my whole life come to this, running from what was a phantom of my imagination? I couldn't think of any great success, I could only remember alienation and ridicule. I remembered being bullied, and backing down in fear.
Sweat was starting to fall, I wasn't sure if it was from the manic running or fear. Tears were streaming, from disappointment and regret. I stopped.
"No! Whatever you do, don't look back!" Too long had I not lived my life. I started to turn, and caught a glimpse of myself looking back.
It was that moment, that I saw myself turning after I had shouted my warnings I watched myself burst into dust. Every time I have tried to catch up, I lose myself to my own thoughts. I reached out to touch myself, but only grasped darkness. I waited with remorse until I would have a chance again.
© Copyright 2010 A (degen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1634428-Lonely-Flast-Fiction-Contest-Entery