*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1634793-short-short
by Koki
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Dark · #1634793
I want to get this published in my university's literary magazine
It is said that whosoever steps foot in that abandoned building will be driven mad to the point of suicide.

The storm outside was dreadful, and he had to find somewhere to take shelter. He saw an old building that could once have been used for almost anything. He walks through the doorway and continues through the innumerable halls. The building is dark, but not dark enough so that he can’t see.
It starts quietly at first, the sound of a little girl giggling and its echo. He follows the sound of the voice; his feet loud on the floor.
“Come on, you can do it! Just follow the sound of my voice!” says the voice playfully, still giggling.
He can’t stop himself from running. The voice continually encourages him to keep moving, and he is so lost by now that following that voice is the only thing that he really can do.
He makes it at last to a room lit by candles, and in the center sits a girl.
“You made it,” she says happily with a smile on her face.
He looks terrified as he says, “Who are you?”
“That’s boring, let’s play!”
“Play...? What do you want to play?” he asks
“Anything. I’m bored and no one comes here to play or talk to me,” she says, looking down and her voice a little lower. She is also pouting a little.
“Why is a girl like you all by yourself in this building?”
“I don’t remember how I got here, I think I’ve always been here. Now let’s play!”
This goes on for a while and finally you can hear screams from the man. If you looked inside you would see him laying on the floor in a pool of blood. His eyes are gouged out and his throat is slit.
“All I wanted to do was play... Why did you leave? Now I’m alone again. Aww who is going to clean this up? If anyone comes again they won’t want to play because they will think I killed him...” says the little girl sadly.
© Copyright 2010 Koki (kyokikiru at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1634793-short-short