*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635814-Bridges-Academy-The-Vampire-and-a-Boy
Rated: 13+ · Serial · Young Adult · #1635814
A vampire reunites with a boy she changed years ago at a school where she currently works.
“You’re trembling my dear, don’t worry…it will all be over soon.” An evil chuckle followed the sacrine coated tone.

“No...” The young girl whined. She struggled in her captor’s grasp and clawed at his eyes once she got a hand free.

The man growled. “You’re pushing your luck girl.” He sneered and his grip tightened around her, constricting her airway until she blacked out.



Alcione shot up in her bed in a cold sweat. She touched around her body to make sure she was in one piece. Her hands eventually came to her neck and felt the twin marks that he had left upon her that night, when Legato changed her.. She calmed down a little as she remembered where she was and what she just witnessed as nothing more than a nightmare born from a memory she would have liked to forget.

She looked to her pistol and dark glasses that sat upon the nightstand. “I wonder if that squad has figured out where I am yet…” She said. “I’m getting tired of waiting. Alcione was a bounty hunter, and as such some people thought that she was a vigilante and a renegade meant to be eliminated. She rose out of bed and began to dress in her standard black attire.

After checking out of the hotel reception desk where she had been staying, she walked out onto the darkened street. Her rose colored eyes shifted from side to side under her glasses. So they finally did catch up after all… She thought as she caught silhouettes of people on the rooftops and in the alleyways. However, she observed, only one figure was doing most of the moving and that one was…

“Caught you…” Alcione turned her head slightly and saw that a young angel had a sword pointed directly at her back and poised to strike it at her.

“Have you now….?” Alcione asked. He doesn’t look a day over ten… “Bold words for such a child… without any backup…”

"Heh." He replied, "No back up? I'm not so foolish as to ambush a vampire at night alone... C-Squad, Move in!" The boy called.

Alcione turned her body towards him now and quirked an eyebrow. “Well?” She asked with a bemused smirk. “Where are they?”

“C-squad!” He called again, looking for him comrades. He tried not to let his worry show as Alcione stepped closer flicking his blade away with a turn of her dagger.

“Looks like you’ve been led to the slaughter, little lamb….” She cooed. She quickly seized him around the waist and held him close.

In her arms the boy struggled futilely. “Let me go!” He growled. Once more he called out for his teammate’s aid.

The vampire, who went from becoming the prey to the predator smiled gently. “Don’t worry yourself…I won’t kill you.” She cooed leaning down. “I will let you go…after, that is, I feed from you. I can’t turn away from something that has been given to me so freely."

This only made the boy struggle more desperately. As Alcione leaned down to bite him, he broke free of her grasp and pulled away. However, this did not deter the vampire who bit down on his arm instead. A vampire’s initial bite releases an immediate sedative into their victims, and as such the angel was rendered weak as he was drained.

“It seems you were set up, kid.” Alcione said as she picked up the weakened angel. “Such a shame, really…” She mused as she brought him to a nearby bench. “You were envied by your so-called comrades and thusly were sent out to die.” She lay him on the bench and brushed the hair from his eyes. “But I’m not going to let you…” She cooed. “I’m going to allow you to follow me in the path of un-life. I want you to become stronger…and when that happens…” She bit into her finger and drew forth her darkened vitae. “Come find me. “ She traced the finger across his lips and smirked when she saw him lick them clean.

“I’ll be waiting, Jacobias.” With that she left him.

Six years later

A young woman looked across her desk at Alcione. She had a slight look of contempt across her face. “You have got to be kidding me, you want me to allow a new student to enroll this late into the semester?"

Alcione smiled and nodded. “Yes.” She replied simply. “I believe that he might be a prodigy in his art.” She added. “I have personal experience with him, he’s quite good. Trust me on this sister.”

Her sister pursed her lips together in thought. “Personal experience, eh?” She asked softly.

“Yes.” Alcione replied. “Remember that young angel I told you about?”

“…He’s the one you’re talking about? Are you sure? He may be spiteful…”

“I doubt that very much, AC…” Alcione replied shaking her head slowly.

“So he’ll be a Vampire then….with Angelic traits?”

“…Possibly.” Alcione replied. “I don’t know how much of his holy power, if any carried over into his new form…”

“Interesting…” AC said and stroked her chin. “Very well then, I’ll agree to let him in. However, he shall be your responsibility Alcione…is that understood?”

“Yes Headmissress.” She replied with a grin.

“I hope you know what you’re getting into.”

“Oh I do…and I believe it will be something of great amusement, sister.” With that the vampiress faded away.

AC sat down at her desk. “If it were anyone else Alcione…I’d worry.” She said more to herself.

Alcione was waiting at the school archway; she kept a close eye out on the horizon. Night was falling and her new student was expected to arrive soon. She sighed and leaned in the inside of the arch.

‘Jacobias Gallos… it’s taken you six years to return to me…’ She thought. ‘Please don’t disappoint me.’ Alcione added with a scowl.

As the last color of day gave way to the colors of the night Alcione finally saw a figure appear on the horizon. This figure was making their way towards the school, they were clothed in dark attire and Alcione could not make out any distinctive features to pinpoint this person’s identity. Slowly, her hand traveled down to her holster, should this person prove to be hostile. As the person came closer, a small smile appeared on her face, the visitor then stood before her.

“Is this Bridges Academy?” He asked. There was a slight tone of distain in his voice.

“That depends on if you’re Jacobias Gallos or not.” Alcione replied curtly.

“If you’re looking for an ID I ain’t got one lady.” He replied flatly and with a roll of the eyes.

“Yeah, you’re him alright.” Alcione concluded with an eye roll of her own. “Your friend told me you were quite the smartass.”

“Charming.” He replied sarcastically.
The night class administrator pinched the bridge of her nose and let out a long sigh. “Follow me.” She told him “I will bring you to the Headmistress’ office, so that we can get the paperwork out of the way.”

“You’re not the Headmistress?” He asked slightly curious, mostly relieved, as they went upstairs.

“No; well not completely.” She replied. “I’m the Dean and the Night Class Administrator.” She explained.

“Night Class Administrator?” Jake asked with a quirked eyebrow.

“Basically I’m in charge of the Vampiric, Shade, and Demonic races. You know the categories of the Dark Races’” She added “A.K.A. you.”

“Fan-tastic.” He replied unenthused.

“My sister Acree Shidou is the Headmistress.” She told him. “She’s that as well as the Day Class Administrator.”

“And let me guess she’s in charge of everyone who isn’t in the Night Class.”

“You do catch on quickly.” Alcione replied with a smirk.

“I try.”

Alcione began to open the door to her sister’s office before closing it quickly.

“Give me one moment please.” She said and snuck in before Jake could protest. She made her way over to her sister’s desk. “AC I need you to do me a favor please…don’t refer to me as Alcione…I need you to call me by my real name…” Alcione winced at her own suggestion.

“You mean Isriah?”

“…Yes.” Alcione gritted her teeth. That name brought back memories she would prefer to forget. “I don’t want Jake to know it was I who bit him…at least not right now.”

“Because…?” She asked.

“I don’t want him to get angry then leave before he has a chance to learn here.” She replied quickly. “I also want a chance to learn what he has become…rather than being blamed for it.”

“Meaning you want to mess with his mind some more before you be honest.”
The vampire chuckled and nodded slowly. “You know me all too well AC.” She said and then let Jake inside the room.

“Ah, Jacobias…” AC said. “Isriah’s telling me you need the paperwork filled out.” She stood and looked over at the young vampire as she reached into her file cabinet. “Lets see…you’d be in the night class…so…” She fingered through the various files. “You’ll need this…and this…” She said pulling them out and placing them on the desk. “Come on over and sit down…I don’t bite.”

Alcione rolled her eyes. “Bad pun sister…”

“But he looks like I’m hostile or something…I’m not the one to worry about.” She said looking at Alcione plainly. “You’re the one he should watch out for.”

“Ahem…” Jake said looking between the two sisters.

“Oh.” AC said with a minor blush. She handed him the registration packet. “Fill out the appropriate blanks. And review the rules and regulations packet.”

“Yeah sure…” He said and filled out the paperwork and handed it back to AC. “Where will I be staying?”

“Basement level dorms.” Alcione said. “I can show you.” She kicked off the wall where she had been leaning. “Maybe show you around too…” She said.

“Fine.” He said and stood, he took the other packet with the regulations and threw it into the garbage before leaving with Alcione and shut the door behind him.

“I hope you know what you’re getting into sister.” AC said as she shook her head looking at the trashed packet.

Alcione blinked as she looked at him. “I can tell I’ll probably be seeing you a lot in my office." She said and led Jake through the hallways of Bridges Academy, the school itself was very old. At first glance one would think it was a small castle with its stone walls and intricate interior designs. Various tapestries hung from the walls, depicting times past and legends of old. Jake took little interest in these things. He did not want to be here; he felt betrayed by his mentor, Rayske, who told him he could not return home unless he received a passing grade.

The vampiress glanced over at her new charge, noting the look of slight annoyance in his features. "As you can see, this is our main hall, which is connected to our library, resource rooms and cafeteria. Speaking of the cafeteria, I'm a little hungry, did you want something to eat?"

"Nah, I'm good." Jake replied, the loud growl that erupted from his stomach said otherwise. "Erm..on second thought..."

"...Right this way then." Alcione chuckled a little and escorted him to the main cafeteria doors. "Liza Sidhe is our main cook here." She explained walking up to the serving tables. "She was the original Headmistress of the school, back when Bridges was known as Gates Academy during the third Vampiric War."

"So wait, she went from running an entire school, to serving food?" Jake asked with a raised eyebrow as he joined Alcione in line.

"Hey! Serving food to all of you students is no easy task!" On the opposite side of the serving table was Liza, who had heard their conversation and glanced over at him with slight contempt. Jake blinked at the odd eye color she had, he could have swore for a moments that Liza's eyes were silver, but when he looked again they were a light blue. "Besides, I prefer cooking, it helps me relax...and food is sooo relaxing in itself.

"Pardon him, Liza, he's new." Alcione interjected.

Liza smiled gently and turned to the violet haired woman. "Hello Isriah, bringing a student on a tour then?" She asked, Alcione nodded in response. "Yes, he's a new Night Class addition."

Looking over the various foodstuffs, Liza handed the pair of them fresh packets of blood. "Fresh off the truck today." She announced.

Jake quickly bit into his packet, not taking the time to savor the taste in his deep hunger.

"Haven't you eaten yet?" Liza asked him slightly stunned.

"Not since the other night Ma'am." Jake replied as he wiped his lips after draining the packet.

Alcione gently sipped hers as Liza spoke to him. "That just won't do! A growing vampire needs to feed at least three times a day. I expect to see you here at breakfast, lunch, and dinner!" She ordered, shaking her fist at him.

Jake looked a little stunned.

"Liza hates for people to go hungry." Alcione whispered softly.

Jake nodded slightly. "Whatever you say Ma'am." He was afraid to say no, after all, kitchen utensils tended to be sharp and painful. Not to mention, he really couldn't turn down the good looking food when it was so willingly given to him.

Alcione chuckled at him as the pair found a place to sit for a few moments while she ate. "In addition to being a teacher, I'm also the dean of students here. Any infractions you receive will go through me, and I'll issue the appropriate disciplinary action."

"What kind of disciplinary actions are there?" Jake asked.

"Cleaning up the school walls, weeding the training grounds, repainting the fences..."

"So hard labor basically..."

Alcione nodded. "That or a detention or two, like I said, it depends on the infraction."

"Those don't seem all that bad." Jake replied with a slight smile.

"Asking for future reference, are we?"

"I may be. After all, you did speculate that I'd be in your office a lot, it would be nice to know what exactly kind of punishments I'd be receiving."

Alcione rolled her eyes. "Wonderful." She replied, she pinched the bridge of her nose. Jake already seemed like he was destined to cause her more trouble than he was worth. She just reminded herself that he could not be as bad as she thought, but then again she always was wrong about those kinds of things.

Jake simply grinned roguishly at her. "Shall we continue then, Miss Isriah?"

Alcione tossed her packet away and nodded. "I'll show you the dormitories next." She said walking back into the main hallway. She pointed to a winding staircase leading both upstairs and downstairs. "Up the stairs are the general study and light magic classes as well as the Day Class dorms at the very top levels. Down stairs are your combat based and dark magic classes as well as where you'll be staying." Alcione began the decent to show him to his room. "Teacher and student dorms are mixed in with one another just to make sure there's no chance for any wild behavior." Alcione glanced about, looking for his assigned dorm. "What room were you given again?" She asked

"Um... 104." Jake replied. Her eye twitched, which caught Jake's attention. "Is there a problem?"

Alcione suppressed a groan, "That's the room on my floor..."

Jake grinned. "Oh really?"

"Yes." She said as she turned down her hallway. She looked around and walked to Jake's room and unlocked the door. "So try not to be too loud." She requested. "Inside your room you'll find all the comforts of home and then some. You have a mini-bath and little kitchenette, basic cable, and nice plush bed."

Jake looked slightly stunned as he saw the pleasant amenities. "Wow."
Alcione grinned, "Not bad for a public school, right?"

Jake shook his head slowly as he walked in, noticing his small bag was already sitting on his bed.

"Your first class is tomorrow, I expect you to be prepared." Alcione told him. "After all, it's your first one with me." She stated.

"Oh joy, I can hardly contain my enthusiasm." Jake replied deadpan with a slight wave of his finger.

"I can tell that you're bursting with excitement." Alcione replied with a sweet smirk. "Tardiness will not be tolerated." Alcione bowed and took her leave of Jake.

The new student flopped back on his bed, leaving his belongings to be sorted later.

He placed his hat over his face and decided that a quick nap was in order, it had been a long day.
© Copyright 2010 Mae Sun (mae-sun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635814-Bridges-Academy-The-Vampire-and-a-Boy