*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635823-If-Why-Then-SoForward
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1635823
The thing that ponders the universe
Forward

As humans we ponder things that we do not understand or do not know. We ask questions. We think of a solution. Then we seek a real one. This process happens every day without notice. Perhaps it happens so often that it has become a natural reaction to a problem in the brain. Like the actions of blinking or breathing you do not notice you are doing it unless you concentrate and think about. We perform those two actions so many times as a natural reaction to survive that the brain disregards them. I have noticed this step-by-step process of thoughts and have come to call it IF? WHY? THEN? SO? The steps go as follows. IF? Something happens we want to know why. (After IF? The brain starts to work. IF? Begins the process.) WHY? Is the question we ask after something has happened. (For Example: IF? Your pencil falls off of the desk you ask WHY?. Even without asking it in your head your brain comprehends that it has fallen off of the desk and wonders why it did so. [An example of thoughts could be: Why did my hand slip? Idiot. Why in the hell did I bump the desk?]) THEN? We think of a possible solution to satisfy the brains need for knowledge. SO? We try to accept what the real answer is even if we cannot. (The term SO? Is what most people do when they get the real answer. They are sarcastic. [Example: SO?… O.K. whatever.]) The purpose of this book is to bring this process to the public. To unravel a mystery we did not know existed. To answer the question we never asked. The story presented in this novel is to show how this process takes place. I would like to consider it as a game. Try to find when the process happens. It could be little things like a pencil rolling off of a desk or big things like a secret revealed.

With the hopes of you (the reader) enjoying this book,

Nathanael R. Welter
© Copyright 2010 Nwelter (welterinc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635823-If-Why-Then-SoForward