*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635931-The-Last-Knight
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1635931
After the Great Kingdom of Jujui is destroyed, only one knight can unite it again.
The  Last Knight






PROLOGUE:




         As Kyle looked upon the destruction of his kingdom, he realized he was going to lose it and even possibly die. He didn’t realize that Kargoan’s military was that strong. It was one of the poorest countries in the land because they put all their money in their military. But he would fight until the end because there just might be one in a billion chance that he might get his kingdom back. He had a fairly strong army, but that didn’t make a difference against Kargaon. Jiju was a lot like ancient Rome as far as territorial gains. And King Kyle lost it all in one month.



                               

*Chapter 1*


       

         It was chaos everywhere. Dead bodies scattered all over the battle field. As Travis stepped over all the bodies he only saw a couple of his comrades still fighting. There were two soldiers trying to take him out. He decapitated one and slashed the other's leg. "Time to die," he growled and shoved the sword in his heart. He spins around and stabs another one in his abdomen. But, there were still over two-hundred plus soilders left from Kargoan to the fifty from jiju. One of the burly soldiers came at him swinging his sword. Travis grabs it and stabs him with it through his neck.

"Surrender now or die!" the Lieutenant screams."We might let you go home peacefully," he announced.

"I'll never give up you bastard," Travis growls.

“We gave you more than you bargained for,” the Lieutenant  says. “You thought that you could conquer us, but we surprised you. We invested a lot of  coin into our military, though our citizens suffer,” he explains. “You were fools to oppose us. Now you will bow down or die!” The Lieutenant growls.

“No, I won’t,” Travis says. “I take my chances,”

“Very well then, you’ll just have to pay the price,”

Travis’s world goes black when a guard strikes him from behind. 

   

         He wakes up in a dark room and realizes that he has a splitting headache. He then realizes that he in a cold dungeon made of all stone. There is water dripping from the ceiling and there are a colony of ants in one corner of the room. There are dried feces in one corner of the room. There was a lone window on the north wall. A beam of sunlight shown through it.

As he gets to his feet slowly, he wonders how he is going to get out of here.



*Chapter 2*


   

         The King was a fairly big man with red hair and was quite greedy also. Kargoan was on of the most poor countries in the region. But with all the money they put in the military, they were also one of the strongest military-wise. As the guards lead Travis into the room, the turns around to face them. "Well, Well," the king mutters. "Look who's here," he mocks.

"Shut the hell up!" Travis growls. "I'll kill you!” he screamed.

“If you know what’s good for you, you’ll shut up and listen,” the King says calmly. “You’re not shit to me and I’ll kill you if you don’t shut the hell up,” he remarks. “You opposed me and then you decide to defy me,” “ I should have already killed you,” he says. 

"I will not betray my kingdom," Travis proclaims. "I've fought for my country and now you want me to betray it," he says. “That's just not going to happen,"

"Well, you can just die!" the king yells. "Leave his ass to rot in the dungeons!"

"I'll get out, and that's a promise,' Travis mutters.

“I have guards all over this castle,” The King replies. “You will never escape my dungeons. You will eat when I feel you deserve it, you will sleep in your own filth, you will rot in the dungeons beneath my feet.” “Take him!” the King orders. 



********



         As he sits in the cell, he wonders how he's going to get out of the castle and get back home. He covers every thing he can think of. He thinks of killing the guards when they open the dungeon and even trying to get out through the window. He comes up with nothing and is just reduced to sitting there waiting to die. Later that day his cell is open and a light man was thrown in the dungeon.  He is unconsious and looks as though he been beaten. As soon as the guard closes the door the man begins to heal himself. He starts with his broken arm and finishes with the gash in his head.

"What's your name," he asks.

"My name is Travis, whats yours," Travis asks.

"Bartz," he answers. "I'm a mage from Kargoan," he explains "We were are trying to overthrow our corrupt kingdom,"

"Well, we tried to get a territory, but as you see we failed," Travis says.

"We can get out of here in about two hours," he says.

"How?" Travis questions.

" If I get focused enough I can use a fireball mixed with wind to bust the door down," he says.

"Then it's settled," Travis agrees. "We can try when they send us food,"

So they planed how they would get out of the dungeons and meet up with Bartz's group of rebels. and then make plans from there. Bartz had grown up in the small city of Atur. His father was a mystic knight, but he died when Bartz was three years old. After that he had grown up poor and discovered that the government was keeping the money for themselves and puting all into military and for the nobles. At the age of 19, he had been fighting against the government of Kargoan.

“Well then, we’ll wait for them to get us and then we’ll make our move,” Bartz said.

“Well, we will be waiting for a while,” Travis replied.

“I’ll have to focus my energies anyway,” Bartz replied



*Chapter 3*
 



         Bartz was born the son of a noble. His father was a captain in the Kargoan army and helped Bartz get trained to the level of a squire before Bartz decided to become a mage. Bartz has been trying to free Kargoan of the tyrant of a king they've had for the last fifteen years. He was well versed in the magic of  wind and fire and knew a couple of  healing spells needed for his survival. He tried to inflitrate the castle to acqire some artifacts that only the king of Kargoan was supposed to know about and that is how he now wound up in this dungeon with Travis, charged with treason. He was separated from is band of rebels without knowing their fate or if he will ever see them again. (I wonder how I'm going to make any progress after this). (This escape isn't even garanteed to work anyway).



*Chapter 4*




         "It's time," Bartz announces. "Ready when you are," Travis mutters. "What goin on in--", the guard is immediately shut up when the door blasts outward. "Let's get movin!" Bartz screams. Travis dispatches two guards with his katana and one guard's eyes melt as Bartz torches his skull. Travis and Bartz take off down the corridor to the labarynth of a castle. They keep in the shadows under the night sky as they sneak past the guards on watch duty. As they ascend out of the dungeon a bell rings at the heart of the castle. The uproar almost immediately begins as the guards converge on their position. "Oh hell run!" Bartz yells. As they sprint into the courtyard, Bartz is working on a wind spell to distract the legions of soldiers around them.
© Copyright 2010 hill 1010 (martez10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635931-The-Last-Knight