*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636807-The-Bowling-Alley-500-words
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1636807
Robbers find an unexpected visitor at the bowling alley. Pure dialogue. Edited!
What’s that weirdo wearing, a space suit?

I would like you to make an announcement for me.

Do you want a lane or not? It’s league night and I don’t have time to mess around.

With this device, I could kill everyone within this building. Tell them all to remain seated and silent.

Oh my god! He just blew a hole through the wall!

ALL BOWLERS SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP OR THIS GUY IS GONNA KILL US ALL!

Good. Five men are going to enter through that door. If anyone interferes with them in any way, I will kill as many of you as is required.

This is a robbery! Everyone sit down…

What the hell is going on?

I know those guys.

Keep it down. Can you reach your service revolver?

Yeah. They’re a bunch of crazy junkies, except for Marvin Carey. He is one bad man.

Wait for my signal.

President Carey, sire. I entered the temporal device and returned to your past.

Sure, I believe that.

Three things made you believe me. The first was how much I remind you of Benny, Mr President.

You just bet your life that I have a sense of humor, spaceman. Say your prayers.

Deus meus, ex toto corde poenitet me omnium…

What?

Your mother used to say the act of contrition. The second thing, Mr President.

I’m a felon, Jack. I’ll never be the President of the United States.

Not the United States, sire, President of the United Nations. You call the great leaders of history amateurs.

What, like Napoleon or Ghengis Khan?

More like Hitler or Pol Pot. Sire, take this weapon now.

Now, go, go! Take them down!

FREEZE! ARMED POLICE!

Oh my god! Those cops just got shredded to pieces! I’m gonna puke!

You believe me now, sire.

I don’t even have to aim? I just have to decide? I’ll need more of these.

You know where to find them.

What’s to stop me from killing you, spaceman? I have the weapon. I don’t need you anymore.

When I used the temporal device, I learned something. Something you will find interesting.

So, everything I do, everyone I kill with this thing, everyone my armies destroy, it’s all your fault? You let it happen?

---

Guards, step aside. I need to see him.

How strange it is to see you like this, so soon after seeing you well and in your youth.

You look like when I first saw you, spaceman. You said you had something interesting to tell me.

Let me come closer.

Feel my blade, scum. This is for all the suffering you caused.

Guards…

You sick murdering bastard. Remember when I told you your scientists had developed a temporal device? Not true. My great great grandson gave me my time machine. He told me how it all worked, how I would bring peace and prosperity to humanity by putting an end to you.

It’s all going to happen, too. You can’t change the past.


© Copyright 2010 Jaguaress (jaguaress at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636807-The-Bowling-Alley-500-words