*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637073-Dreams
Rated: 13+ · Article · Inspirational · #1637073
I just want to get this idea out there. I do not know what genre to put it under.
                                                                    Dream

  I have always been told and heard to follow your dreams. Recently it came to my attention how far off I have strayed from my dream. It also came to my attention that the society we live in proscribes us from following and accomplishing our dreams. We are told to do what we want but at the same time we have to get an education that we are forced to receive till around the age 18. We spend those years in a school that then teaches us about different careers and influences us to make a choice before we are supposed to experience anything. When I was at the age 15 this came into my attention. I realized that i am wasting my time here and also I am experiencing the same things that millions of others have already experienced. I did not like this reality that we call life. I do not like the fact that most of are dreams are simply impossible to achieve. So people do not have a choice but to choose what they will do for their lives from a list that society has conspicuously forced upon them. I do not like this reality. I feel like I am sealed off from the world in a fenced in area, in this area are all the things I need to survive. Despite having everything that should satisfy my desires I continue to look through the fence at what society is concealing me from, wondering what is out there.



  This is what I ask of everyone that happens to read this. I want you to think about what you always wanted to do and I want you to think why you never did so. I want you share your dream with the world and i want you to try to accomplish it yourself. I want you to break from the cage you are in and fly into your desires. There is only one door in front of you and despite how hard it is to open it I am sure you will enjoy what you find on the other side. Please let yourself free.



                                                              My Dream

  My personal dream is one that I do not quite understand myself. Despite all of the pleasant people and things I have in my life I continue to feel empty. It also makes me feel inconsiderate and ungrateful but the void remains. I myself have decided to go into the food industry in hopes that I will own a business of my own one day. Despite the fact that this is second best to what I truly want to do. My desire is to be free. Free to come and go as I please. Free to act on every whim. Free to experience everything this world has to offer. Free to meet many individuals and to make memories with them. Free to live the life I always believed was the right path. My dream might be one of the impossible but I have found a way to live it a little at at time. I have compromised the standards of society and the standards of my heart. Only because I spent countless hours contemplating what it is that I need to do, want to do, what to do, how to do, when to do, and why. I once again feel that there is hope. Hope that my dreams can become the reality that I have always yearned for. I want to pass these thoughts to you, and I hope that I in at least a small way have helped you.





Thank you for reading and please share with everyone else.
© Copyright 2010 To Help Speculate (tospeculate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637073-Dreams