*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637090-Charlie-the-Newt
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1637090
Charlie and i go on an adventure to look for his lost boot!
I once had a friend named Charlie the newt.

We went on lots of adventures together like the time he lost his boot.

We searched high and low under every unturned stone,

We even asked Mrs Rabbit who was always prone to loosing things where the best place to look was but even she had never lost a boot before, due the fact that she never wore any or heard of anyone loosing a boot, so she couldn't help us.

Poor Charlie he was getting fed up by this time so we decided to go home for tea and start the search again tomorrow.

I woke up and went straight over to help Charlie look again only to find out he was up half the night crying and crying for his lost little boot.

"Have you seen my boot anywhere on your way home?" asked Charlie with a tear strained face and with eyes half closed

"No I'm afraid i haven't but cheer up I've come to help you look again this morning" I said in a sympathetic voice

Charlie Sighed and another tear rolled down his cheek and he yelled "Oh its useless! we shall never find my beautiful boot again"

Just then a gust of wind almost threw us over onto the ground as if it was playing with us and low and behold Charlies boot came gently sailing down of one of the branches of the big willow tree.

"Of course!" yelled Charlie

"Now i remember i was climbing that tree yesterday it must of fallen off on the way back down"

Charlie scooped up his boot and put it straight on his foot with his other boots and he had the biggest smile from ear to ear as we laughed together.

"Oh thank you thank you for helping me look for it!"

So after that day Charlie almost always counted his boots just to make sure one wasn't missing.
© Copyright 2010 ZvariaRose (zvaria at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637090-Charlie-the-Newt