*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637142-Fate-Decides
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Adult · #1637142
What does fate REALLY mean?
"Why are we going this way?" Michelle asked. "Im scared." Justin was tired of listening to Michelle complain after what seemed like the hundredth time that evening. "Michelle," Justin yelled to her, "If you are so scared why dont you just go back!" Michelle looked at him for a moment and Justin looked away. They both knew why they had come and that they couldnt leave until they found out the truth.
About 2 months ago is when it started. A car crash, a knife wound, and a gunshot. The siblings had a happy, normal childhood until they became teenagers. Then, one by one, they started to disappear. Justin and Michelle were the only two left out of the five. "I just keep thinking about them," Michelle said. "What really went wrong and ate we next?" "Thats what we're looking for out here, Michelle, answers." Justin angrily answered.
Justin and Michelle headed up the hill slowly and came upon 3 tombstones. Each one had their deceased siblings names on them.....Kerri, Dylan and Sarah. Michelle looked up into the night sky, "Blood on the moon..." she said with fear in her voice. "I know," Justin said, "Lets go." They desended farther until they came upon a big two story house that the darkness made look haunted.
Their parents had called them to come up to the lake house that weekend. They were expecting fun in the sun, but all they were feeling was fear. "Where did our parents go?" Michelle asked. "Why didnt they leave the key under the mat like always?" Justin knew as much as Michelle did. If they left the house, they always left a key for them to get in. "We'll just have to break in." Justin said. He kicked in a window and unlocked it.
Michelle was apprehensive about entering. "Come on Michelle," Justin tried, "Mom and dad should be here any minute." They both crawled through the broken window one by one and saw a dim light coming from the kitchen. They slowly walked in and saw their parents sitting at the table with a single candle lit in between them. "Oh Justin...Michelle, you're finally here." Their mother said in a monotone voice. "Whats wrong mom?" Justin asked. "Whatever do you mean, Son?" Their mother answered, without changing her tone. Their father had not moved or even blinked once since they arrived. "Dad?" Michelle asked. "Im sorry," their mother answered, "Hes dead."
Justin and Michelle ran to the door and realized it had been bolted shut. Their mother slowly rose from the table and walked towards them. They turned around and started screaming for help. But no one came to their rescue. They were all alone in this.
"I think its time for you to find out the truth." Their mother said. "Your father and i were never legally married. I met him one dark and lonely night, almost like this one, over 20 years ago. I had just turned 16 and was walking towards my car when a man came up behind me, pulled me into an alley, and violently raped me. After he was finished he took me away from my family and my friends and i was never seen or heard from ever again. He would never let me go and raped me over and over again, five times producing my 5 children. Michelle, after you were born i swore you would be the last one made out of hate. When you children turned teenagers i hated the very thought of any of you going through, or doing, what i had to go through, so one by one i vowed to kill you." Michelle and Justin ran crying and screaming down the hall and out the back door. Their mother ran after them and chased them down the path to the lake. Justin and Michelle stopped once they realized they were at the edge of the cold water. "I have to let go of the past, my darlings," their mother continued, "this is the only way." Justin realized there was no turning back he grabbed Michelle's hand and jumped into the icy lake. They swam until they no longer had any strength left and then they stopped, held one anothers hand, and said a prayer "God, take us to Heaven." Then they slowly sank beneath the waters. Their mother had been watching them struggle and gasp for air the whole time and had not even blinked. After watching her last two children die she said only 3 words. "Finally im free."
© Copyright 2010 Marilyn Sanders (coolness at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637142-Fate-Decides