*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637164-Dantes-story-part-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Xian
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1637164
continuation
A week has passed sense I came to the academy, and miraculously this is more a military school then an academy. The vice principal, makes the Truncble from Matilda look like a kitten. The school uniform ties must be exactly straight and square, the skirts can’t be hiked up, the shoes must show the persons reflection. From the very start I could tell that she would keep an eye on me, not because I did anything wrong, but because she needed to knit pick everyone, well I wasn’t going to give her the satisfaction. Every time she did a room check she could always bounce a quarter on my bed it was so straight. I always kept my shoes clean, because I felt cleanliness is close to godliness, so it was just something I liked to do. I was given an apartment just barely on campus. And to get to my classroom and back I had to go through woods. Which was perfect, because the woods was my domain, my territory, my haven. Anyway this last week was all the same get up at five am. Shower, shave, prepare. Then be out the door and run through the woods about two miles to the mess hall for breakfast. Have a quick bite, then rush to first period. Teach grammar and syntax variation for two and a half hours, then a new set of students would arrive, and I would be forced to teach shake spear, and for a guy like me it was torched, I mean why could he not simply say what he means? Instead of beating so around the bush he is not even in the same zip code as it, and take 7 pages to describe a door, he had probably two issues and they were to much time on his hands, and people must have indulged him instead of smacking and saying for the love of god shut up. I decided if I ever met shake spear I would make him eat his plays. Then after two droning hours of shake spear, I would have lunch then an hour and a half of prep before I got to the class I truly enjoyed fiction writing. I loved that class not for its subject matter, but for her. Her name was Laura Princeton, and yes her father owned the college and all the business surrounding it. But it was her I could easily enjoy the class, her short brown hair, her baby blue eyes, the way she seemed so passionate even while day dreaming. The only thing that deterred me was how she could let so many people walk over her like a door mat. They said jump she said how high, she never stood up for herself, she was always used someone needed there homework done and did not feel like doing it themselves they always mad Laura do it. And of course afraid of confrontation she did it willingly. She was always shy in class, and to tell you the truth I can only tell you about her what it says in her permanent record which I stole from the principals office, security as tight as a drum my backside. Side note a fake security camera and a guard in his sixties is not security it’s a laughing stalk. But my week at the school had ended, so now that my cover is cemented it was time to get to work.

         15 miles away from the school was a supposed animal research facility. It was an old concrete building with no windows and was covered head to toe in ivy. To the public the building was closed down years ago, but to us organization members privy to knowledge we knew the truth. It was a bunker for a terrorist cell, with multiple sleeper agents all laying in wait for the order to be given for them to strike. Don’t ask me anything specific about them, all I knew was I had my orders, and I was a good soldier.

         Anyway after my first week, it was cool crisp day, the days were getting shorter and the leaves were changing color. When I decided to do some recomposing. I started at my cottage at three sharp, it was a class weekend trip and they were going camping, a perfect time for me to slip away from the premises without getting any suspicious looks. I donned a pair of military style almost denim pants, and a white t shirt hidden in the bottom of my drawers hidden from the prying eyes of Venues Trasan the name of the principal I mentioned earlier. Well after my clothes were donned, and anyone that came to the cottage looked in they would think I was sleeping. That was the way I wanted it instantaneous deniability. From there my trek through the brush, I won’t bore you with the rush and the exuberant pleasure I received from the primal feeling of stalking through the brush I can tell you it is a natural high, with no consequences. I raced silently through the forest, and reached my target like a bat on silent wing. Once there I stayed in the shadows watching waiting. After I mapped out the area with a scribes detail I headed back the way I have come and guess to my utter shock to find that the girls were going camping not even two miles from the school, in a little park close to the perimeter of the school, so it was nearly impossible to get by them, and to go around would take hours, because of the river that runs through the forest. I had to wait until they fell asleep. I waited into the evening hours I had to wait through endless hours of camp songs and mindless drivel of the cutest guys in teenage fashion magazines, all except Laura who sat on a crisp mossy oak log sketching the ferns and other plants, while others were seeming to be over expressing the break from academics.  Soon the clouds covered the celestial beauty of the full moon, so I thought thank the gods here is my chance. So I crept quietly to the edge of the camp site and raced straight through. Man I ran so fast I made the fastest man in the world look slow well that’s at least what I thought. I ran about a half mile, and decided that while I am at the river, I might as well take advantage of going for a dip. I shed my cloths and left them on the mosey rocks. I untied my hair, and waded out into the crisp evening current. The cloud languouslly past over the moon, and then the water transformed into a glamorous realm of sparkle. I dove in, and let the water soothing my now tense muscles, as the water drowned out the present, and the innocence serenity of the cafes colorful paintings enveloped me. The gods know that a man can’t hold his breath long so about a minute and a half later, my jubilant serenity was crashed down by reality. The icy burning in my lungs made me thrash out of the water and into the moon light, and sadly to my dismay I heard voices, so my little retreat was short but beautifully lived.

         Life has its way of beating people down. At least that has been my experience for the last eighteen years of life. Just because I am thin and scrawnier then most girls in my grade, and just because I wear glasses, and my busts not so big guys can’t look at me in the eyes doesn’t not mean I am not cute. Yes ok, so sometimes when I go to the movies, the guy behind the counter asks for an idea, and wondering why my mommy isn’t there to come with me. The reply is always the same. She died in child birth, and my father is the ambassador of Greece to the United States. So he is a no show a lot, but he likes to spend his wealth, by buying things like Princeton, and all around it saying that he can protect his family better to all the outsider he is the father of the year, but he truly just likes to show off for appearances. And of course I was daddy’s little girl in the publics eye. Please the man probably doesn’t even realize how old I am anyway that is not either hear nor there. Any way daddy sent his little girl to a private prep school for girls. I truly would have preferred to have just stayed and been home school, but he said that I was not getting enough interactions, and it was starting to look bad for his image that I had just hidden myself in my room, and was not out partying and getting horrific photos of me in unimaginable circumstances. Well school went by very quickly I tried to make new friends it was always great to get noticed, even if it was for doing others homework, or a little aren they could not do themselves I mean what the hey I could gladly expand a little effort to try to make some friends. It would eventually work I just new it would from the depths of my heart.

         Days at the academy grew bleaker more and more girls despised me because of my fathers money and political influence and took out there rage on me, of course not physically, but by making me feel like they just scrapped me off the bottom of their shoes. It seemed like a horrific dull place until the week the substitute took over our English class. It was an amazing event, because not many males are allowed to teach at such a prestigious school such as this and yet here he was in an Armani suit, nice Italian skin, and the most luxuries hair. All the girls were swooning over him as if he was a piece of jewelry and it was time to go shopping. That was until he turned around, and you saw his deep meaningful eyes, eyes that were pools so deep you would never ever be able to touch bottom, after that he went from jewelry to anything your heart could ever desire, I swear one girl fell out of her chair. Apart from his physical splendor, his voice was that of an angel, and how he could make the most boring subjects come to life, I often spent my times, day dreaming about how wonderful he was, and whenever he looked at me or called on me in class I always blushed stupidly as if he could read the thoughts I was just having. He thought non of us noticed that every now and again he would break a ruler, or the stapler with his strength, we certainly did, and it was cute how he would swear in Italian or Greek and no one but me never could understand what he was speaking, they just though it poetic, I let them have those dreams.

         We had just taken mid terms, and we were finally going to get a break from classes and go on a camping trip normally I would have stayed in the dorm, but for some reason when the sign up sheet came around I put down my name. I was heading for the bus as the new teacher Mr. Kattaklis, the new male teacher walked by as if he had something more important to do on his mind. Before I could say anything he just disappeared without a trace into the forest boundaries of campus. I mean he just disappeared. I shook off the image I mean seriously no one just disappears. So the line was getting touchy so I was shoved on to the bus. Were we took about a twenty minute ride just barely off the schools campus into a parking place then hiked ten minutes north to this little inlet, were tree surrounded, but gave an open path, and it was by the river. The chores were supposed to be divided equally, but I was there, so they thought it best that I should do it all from setting up their tents, to gathering the fire for to nights cooking and camp fire. By the time I had finished, it was beginning to get dark so I decided to do a few sketches of the local flora and fauna before going to get the buckets of water from the river to put out the fires later. It grew dark quicker then I anticipated, I wanted to laugh because I had forgotten it was the beginning of autumn and the days were growing shorter. Well soon there after I went in my tent, and grabbed the buckets, when a dark shadow spread through the camp, but as quickly as it appeared it had disappeared into the depths of the forest. At first I thought just a little trick from the lowly burning embers, and went upon my work. The other girls were swimming at night in the river, so I decided to go further away so I did not have to endure listening to how beautiful the men at home are, quiet frankly I am more at home talking about emotions, and how to help others then which new character on Grays anatomy or Ever wood is. I came through a thicket, and when I immerged, there was this beautiful inlet with water glistening and fire flies dancing around the pawn-frowns. Just as I was dipping the buckets into the water, a celestial male figure grew out of the water, and flicked his Maine, and was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. My heart grew louder, as I watch it look around, scanning the area, whether or not he could see me or not I could not know, the girls down stream were getting loud, and he quickly raced out of the water grabbed a bundle, I am assuming was his close and raced past me, not even knowing were I was. I would have been lucky and got a nice view if not for the fact a cloud as is summoned darkened the night. And when it finally cleared the celestial being was gone, I went to were the clothes had been, and there glistening next to the reeds was a cell-phone. I turned it on, and saw a screen saver of a timber wolf, with dark yellow eyes, and teeth bared. Then suddenly it began to jerk and vibrate so much I almost dropped it. Then when I tried to answer it fumbling with the buttons, I realized it had no caller idea or no normal features like a regular phone, instead it asked for a password, then a count down began. I grew afraid so I quickly pressed the power button frightened to what the heck a count down could do on a cell-phone, but count downs could not be a good sign. It fizzled for a few seconds changed color, then returned to piece, by this time I was freaking out, I don’t know why I just ran back to camp, buckets completely forgotten, the girls all getting ready for bed, when I tried to tell my story, about the celestial man and the cell-phone.

         “Some one has been watching a little to many Disney movies, next thing you will be telling us is that a fairy god mother has transformed you into a princess. Grow up freak.” Grunted Alicia the “popular girl in the school”.

         “Yeah freak.” Chimed in the others, even my roommate had joined them, because they could give her something I guess that she though I lacked, and that was status.

         I ran back into my tent, and cried myself to sleep clutching the cell phone to my chest, and wishing for all I am that my prince, would some day rescue me from this. I know its cliché, but I have imagined someone out there could love me, and treat me better then this. There is someone out there for everyone. Those were the words of the only child hood friend I had, who had been killed, in a plane crash with her whole family not even 4 years ago. As I said sometimes life beats us down.

         I crashed through the brush in the forest leaping over roots and low branches, my clothes draping in my arms the shadows in the darkness surrounding me, as this predator stalked through the woods to his home territory. Once home I lay my clothes in the small arm chair by my bathroom door. I turned on the shower, let down my hair, and then hoped into the desolate shower in the cottage. Once clean and no signs of damage on my body, I decided to call in and check in with the dragon, Wrapped in my towel, I walked over to the chair were I had left the clothes from earlier, I searched the left pocket were I usually kept my cell-phone, and yet I found nothing then I searched the other pockets of the jacket, but all I found was my silver claws. My anger was rising, and I lost control and everything went dark. When I woke up in the morning, the house appeared to have been torn to shreds, everything was shredded as if a tornado had thrashed through the whole house. And I was laying in a head of clothes and textbooks, with my leather pants on. The only part of the house that laid untouched was the little chair, were the leather thong that I used to tie my hair up laid as if on a pedestal. I quickly tied my hair, then looked at the time. It was 7:30. Shit was the first thought that came to my mind, because faculty had to arrive early for the meeting of the whole school sense it was one day before Holiday break for Thanksgiving started. I grabbed a shirt, and shoes and raced out the door. Raced through the forest, past the bronze statue of the schools founder, and through the auditorium, were I raced up the steps to the stage, to take my place with the rest of the faculty, All I could hear was a loud Gasp from the crowd, as the blood pumping in my ears was all I heard. When my heart beat turned back to normal, I found the problem, I had not changed out of my leather pants, and the shirt I had grabbed was pure black silk. And I had not buttoned it properly so one by one the buttons diss arrayed and revealed my six pack to over 700 girls and 54 faculty members. Un abashed I took it in stride, and made it so it seemed like they were insane cause nothing was wrong with my out fit.

         After my shall we say memorable entrance, I got chewed out by the principal while the student government talked about dues, and trips that will be taken after the break.

         “What is the meaning of this? The girls here are impressionable young ladies and I am not going to have you corrupt the learning environment, because you get drunk.” She scolded me.

         “Excuse me? I have never drank a drop of alcohol in my life thank you, just because I am Italian you are being stereotypical by thinking I arrived drunk. When in fact I had just forgot to set my alarm so excuse me for making a mistake.” I said Wantonly but made it sound as if I was deeply offended.

         “……..Well just don’t let it happen again, this is your one and only warning.” She said gruffly obviously without knowing what to argue, not wanting to put her rear on the line for what she might think was a law suit offense.

         After my childish scolding, I went to my first class with Laura in it, thank the gods for that, because I needed to see her to put myself back into perspective. I come in to class, the usual procedure. The class officer stands up and bellows all rise. Every member of the class stands up and curtsies, then gets back in there seats and we begin class. I begin talking about how A Mid Summers Nights dream has sonnets and couplets, when out of the corner of my eye I see that Laura is playing with something underneath her desk, normally I would have not given a dam, but when the object I needed to retrieve most is in someone else’s hands what can you do so I began to cough, and everybody raised there hands. I called lessons off early for the day, which I told them was because I was in a festive mood. I returned to my cabin and paced franticly. What could I do? My cell-phone was in the hands of a person I cared for, I couldn’t let her know it was mine. Fore she would then know I had been near there campsite that night which she might ask why. I could not report it to the organization for they might fix it, and she would disappear. I had no other choice, tonight I was going to sneak into the girls dorm and steal back my phone. So I cleaned up the cabin during the day, than tried to rest, but the thoughts and a sickness plagued the pit of my stomach, how could I even think of doing this. I had no other choice. The sun set, and I rose from my bed, still in my clothes from earlier, and left my cabin as if for a night jaunt through the forest. I doubled back around the quad, and arrived at the East side of Ferris Hall the dorms were set up. All the lights were out or low. From personal records I remembered that Laura lived in room 460B On the 5th floor. And I could not just sunder in and out quickly, because the doors are electronically locked once all the girls returned for the evening, and would only unlock in the morning approximately 6:00 A.M.

         “Well looks like I am going to have some fun.” I talked nonchalant to the darkness.

         I saw the drainage pipe led to the top of the building, but it began on the second floor not the first. I took a running jump, and then for the heart beat and a half it took I ran up the old brick wall. Were I lashed out and obtained the drainage pipe in my hands. Once I assessed my grip, without using my legs I began to climb the side of the building. Hand over hand, just like in my earlier days of training with the Italian Mafia. Back to when you took beatings for every extra second it took you to make it up the rope. Back then there was one boy Jeremy, who fell once, and the boss broke his arm in penalty, he disappeared after the incident, I wondered what happened to him. Own well the past has nothing to do with my present situation. Up and up I went, once I hit the third floor, I almost lost my gripping, when a flash light was searching the building, with my eyes I could see a group of young teen males who were obviously up to something, they disappeared into the brush, so they were hiding. I re adjusted the angle of my ascent, so that I could not have been spotted by the trespassers in the brush. Once I was on the 5th floor, I crawled into the main stream part of the building, right next to rooms 449 and 450. I unlatched the window, and stealthily like a shade stalked through the building until I found the room I was looking for, it was dark, and the door was locked. I take a pen out of my pocket take out the small spring, and straighten it, and then pick the lock, which gives way with a small click. I open the door just a crack. The blue table lamp was on, but the desk, and the bunk beds were empty. I walk in, and relock the door. I quickly start searching thought the room, remembering to place everything back were it was. I was just starting to work on the clothes bureau when I heard the lock click again. Not knowing what to do, I jumped under the bunk bed and spread eagle on the bottom of the top bunk. From what I can see is someone’s feet, and then the dropping of a purple towel. I can’t see anything else from my angle but my heart knows that it is Laura, seconds later, my heart was proven true, for she walked bare to the bureau I had yet to look through, and there top shelf, panty drawer of course out pops my cell-phone in a pair of blue panties. She takes the under garments and phone and sets them on the bed, while she goes about getting the rest of her night clothes, I just reach for my cell-phone, when her roommate, busts into the room and says hey bookworm, it’s the last day before Vacation a bunch of us are going to go party in town at a local bar come with us.

         “No thanks I got a lot of reports and stuff for the others I must finish.” She says with a sigh, obviously wishing to go.

         Just when I think my night could not get any worse, four more girls pop in and say the guys are here, lets move.

         “What’s going on in here?” Asks a deep feminine voice obviously the leader of this pack of rebellious girls.

         “I was just inviting Laura.” Whimper the roommate obviously bowing to her superior.

         “What you invited the Freak? What the hell were you thinking? If she does not come with us she will rat us out.” The leader said disgustedly.

         “No I won’t.” Laura trying to defend herself.

         “Just bring her lets go.” Sighs the rest of the groupies.

         Laura laid her pajamas right underneath me, and went to her closet and grabbed a black skirt, and a white blouse not revealing, but still in my eyes the most exquisite looking woman in existence. It took all my strength to keep myself stable let alone keep from growling in pleasure of her luscious looks. They all turn and leave, but then Laura turns around and grabs my cell off the bed, and then stuffs it in her purse. Dammit I think to myself mentally kicking myself.

         I dropped from the bed, and watched the shadowy figures of the stealthy escapees run through the shadows towards the gates of campus. I opened the window, and jumped, I let myself free fall for a little while before catchiching one of the window sills, the slight pain jerked my body from it arousal stupor, and back to the here and now. I let go of the window sills and landed in a predatorily crouch, were I walked to my cabin and hopped on to the motorcycle I bought a few days after arriving that I kept hidden in the woods, obviously Dragon knew I would need enough spending cash for luxuries. I turned on the bike, and throttled towards town. The town is in the city, but I could follow Laura’s scent, a mixture of vanilla with a hint of Lavender.

         I don’t know what I was thinking in the shower, why was I so concerned over a cell phone. And yet no matter what I tried I could not get it of my mind, the smooth unscathed material, the screen saver of my favorite animal the wolf what did it all mean? Thoughts by the thousand went running through my mind, so I grabbed my towel, and toiletries and returned back to the room, figuring I could just change into my pajamas and start work on the essays for Syria, and Jasmine. Both were large girls on the field hockey team, and the only reason they got passing grades, was well because I have been doing there homework sense I got here sad to say, and all I got in return was an accessional nice work book worm. So as I returned to my room I found it odd that I could so easily get into my room without the key. “That’s strange I could have sworn I locked the door.” I said with urgency I raced over to my dresser not caring about my things I went into my under wear drawer were I had hidden the cell phone, and to my relief it was still there. My heart was a little disappointed I don’t know what I expected, maybe my dark night to appear for his cell phone, and then whisk me away to his castle were he and I could be together and never worried about anything other then how much we loved each other. Every body expected me to grow up and be some big shot, but truth be told my deepest heart desire was to be a mother. Let my husband be the one to earn the money while I drove the kids to school, after school activities, whatever. I once told my father what I wanted when I was younger, and he glared at me, and told me that it was people like me that set women’s rights back hundreds of years. I did not think so. I always wanted the fairy tale wedding and the loving husband and the children, I don’t want to be the single woman on the cell phone yelling profanity at her secretary. Just as I put on my panties, my roommate barged in, I was so glad I had put them on, I don’t know why but changing in front of people always makes me blush I think its from my lack of cleavage. Anyway she comes roaring in and tells me about how they are sneaking out for a couple of hours to go hang out with some of the popular girls boyfriends. I really did not want to go, but I had a feeling she wanted me to come, to be the designated driver after there “Fun”. Caught up in the whirl wind, I decided to go especially after the other girls came into my room and thought now that I knew I would have to go, so instead of being shanq hied, I decided to go with them. So down the stairs we left, and on the first floor, I noticed that one of the girls had made a key card out of bubble gum tin foil, she slid it through the lock, and then a few seconds later, there was a powering down signal, and the door swung open with easy. Out side we hunched low and looked around, no one in sight, then we heard a rustling from the bushes, and out stepped six young men from the bushes obviously from the all boy academy not even 10 miles North. They lead us quietly to the main drive, were we got in this dark color Honda.  We sped down the dark country road, until we reached the city, then we had hundreds of street lights, and stop signs and pedestrians raining from every direction. At first everything seemed great, the wind in our hair the radio blasting, then we went to the dark side of town. To this very dark and strange night club called the Styx. The bouncer at the half rotting door, did not ask for ID, just took the cash the boys handed over with not even a second glance. Once inside, it was astonishing everything was brand new, and there were so many flashing different color lights it was almost impossible to look at the same place twice. The music so loud, even your heart thumped to the beat. Everywhere was drinking flaming drinks, or dancing. The boys who had obviously been here before took us to the back to a private corner table. They sat us down, and the tall blond disappeared into the crowd, and then returned with beers for everyone. I looked at the crystal blue bottle, with the strange name on it, but un like the others I did not want to drink. But as the other girls sipped away, and made fun of me for being a virgin saint, I found myself succumbed to its siren call, and downed the unknown alcoholic beverage. Things started to get fuzzy from there. Images shifting and changing the colors bleeding and dripping together, after that things started to get a little hazy.

         It has been a half hour sense I first lost sight of the girls. And I can say for certainty I was going to castrate those boys if anything happened to them. My bike doing at least 90 Miles an hour, I flew through the darkness, the predator inside craving to be unleashed. Once I got into the city, I had to slow down, because there was so many different scents, and the lights were so bright I had to put on my sunglasses. I cursed myself in several languages for being so stupid and not following after them straight away. I got to this dive called the Styx, and first thought in my mind was why the hell come here? I begin to walk through this door, when this bald guy, with tear drops tattooed in his eye, grabs my shoulder, and yanks me back.

         “Wow where do you think you going tough guy?”

         “I am going in now remove your hand from my shoulder, I am meeting someone inside.”

         “Sure you are, just hand over the cash and you can go in.” he begins squeezing my shoulder obviously thinking that I would fall to my knees and hand him money, I almost felt bad for what I was going to do. Almost. Before he could even realize that I was going to make a move, I grab his hand, and bend it back almost to the verge of snapping.

         “I am going inside, and if you have a problem with that lets see how long you will last as a bouncer with only one hand.”

         “G..o…on….in…sir” He whimpers obviously the first time, he had failed to intimidate, just because of his size.

         I hit the door, and the wood split into tinder, not because I put strength, but because it was a lousy door, I am glad for my sunglasses, because the glare alone, would have left me blinded, for at least a couple of hours. The music, and smell of alcohol dulled my senses, but not enough to completely inebriate me from my goal. There she sat, with the others in the back, a small blush on her face obviously intoxicated from the drink. I went to the bar not to be noticed, when the others got up, and she stayed put, all the girls, and the guys were heading to the door, why was she staying put? Then it occurred to me, they were just going to leave her out to dry, How could people be that cold to someone so innocent.

         A tall suave gelled head sat beside her, I knew the type, I believe kids today call them players. I call them sleazes, he was obviously trying to make her go somewhere with him, because he ordered her another drink, and within 5 minutes he had gotten her to agree. He placed his arm around her shoulder, and started herding her to the back door. No way in hell was he going to do anything to her. The beast inside roared to life, and started stalking them out side. I was opening the back door, when I heard a noise, when That image came into view I went red with rage. He had her pinned to the brick building, and lifting her skirt up, and trying to have his way with her, while she blacked out from the alcohol. This was not going to happen. I walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder.

         “Hey man this is my bitch you go get your own.”

         “She is mine.” I don’t know who was more shocked him or me, but when he turned around probably to tell me to piss off, but when he saw my six foot five height he got the message, dropped her to the ground, and tried running to get out of the alley. Prey should know better then to run from a predator I thought to myself, as I chased after him he was not going to leave this alley unscathed. I did not kill him, but once he wakes up inside a garbage can it might give him the impression he needs to fix his life. I slowly went back, Laura was semi conscious looks back obviously not sure of anything, looks me in the eyes and says are you and angel? Her words pierced my frozen heart, and all I could say was yes, before I picked her up in my arms and carried her back to my bike, were I then returned her to her room then left back for my cottage cell phone forgotten until my head hit the pillow.

         …..I came awake with my head throbbing, as my alarm clock told me that I had to be in class in less then a half an hour. I hit it once, and yet it kept thrumming. I chucked one of my pillows at it, and heard as the crash to the floor turned it off for good. And closed my eyes.

         “How the hell did you get here?” my roommate Jess screamed in an alarm I could not understand after all this was my room as well as hers.

         “I was with you last night remember how did you get home.” I said a little to thick which I immediately felt sorry for saying.

         “This is not possible. We left you in the bar..” she said covering her mouth as if she let out a secret I was not worthy enough to hear.

         How did I get home I began to ask myself, I could not drive, the busses out to the school stop before curfew, so how did I get home, then it hit me, the dark warrior, walking towards me, his long black hair, how his muscles were so chiseled, the memory or dream excited me, and I guessed it showed, because I crossed my legs and blushed fire engine red, which seemed to interest my roommate, how sat on the bed and told me to spill. I told her all I could remember about the dark warrior and after the story, she laughed, and asked if I had been on drugs, because stuff like that never happens in real life. After a slow awakening and a tipsy shower and changing, I began to get my body back to normal before English class. Were I raced in with the rest of the girls, and took my seat until it was time to begin.

         Walking into that class after last night I did not know what to expect would she remember me? Would she not? Did she have my cell phone? Could I be tamed by such an innocent young woman, I know I am 22, and she is 18, but still. I could not help myself. After the role call and the normal stand and bow, I began to hand out test scores, before the glass came shattering, and yells rang out, and everyone hit the floor, I leapt to behind my desk, to grab my leather jacket were my claws were and was getting ready for battle.

         “Well well well my old friend its been such a long time.” Said a familiar cynical voice.

         “Jason is that you what the hell are you doing here?” I asked as I stood up and faced my friend of so long ago, still clutching my claws in the pockets of the jacket.

         “What no hug traitor” he says opening his arms wide.

         “Man you always have to make an entrance, and here I thought I had something to worry about.” I said with nonchalance.

         “I have changed sense then, so maybe you do have something to worry about, after all I was hired to kill you, but seeing its you I guess I will do it for half price Wolf Lord Dante.” He says spitting out my title with disdain.

         I sighed and swung my jacket onto my body fully knowing, that if we did this in here one of the girls could be hurt and I did not want to take the chance with Laura around.

         “Shall we take it out side?” I ask trying to sound as if I had no alternative motive then to give him what he wanted.

         “And be in your domain I think not. I am not so stupid as to know you draw strength from nature.” He said eyeing me, sensing something was amiss.

         We circled each other around and around, just waiting for the other to attack.  Everyone else under there desks watching as are eyes never left each others for a second not wanting to give away a single advantage. Then a black ball point pen rolled off a desk, and it was as if a ref gave us the go ahead to start playing. We both shot at each other with speed, he reached into his pocket, and pulled out an extendable sword, that fell and re assembled from eight pieces to one. I did not feel the need for deadly force, I had nothing to fear, so my hands stayed in my pockets. Left down right back bend flip over desk, an ever changing onslaught as he tried to dissect me the hard way, and yet he had yet land a blow.

         “Is this all you got or have you slowed down sense I have been given a better position?” I taunted as I dodged the whirling blade, his sole focus was on me, no one else. And little by little the fear that Laura could get hurt grew inside me and threatened to overwhelm me.

         The teacher is crazy, he is fighting against this model, the model has a sword, and is trying, yet can’t seem to touch the teacher, they are just deadly dancing around the room as if not a care in the room, and yet to me it seems like the teacher is changing, from a sexy scholar, to dare I admit it a dark warrior, no it can’t be. Could he be the shadow warrior from last night?   

         Things are getting out of control, he is just swinging like a wild man. And I don’t know how long I can keep him away from the other students. Thank god the other teachers started to heard the students out of the room, While I kept Jason busy. All but Laura left, she just stared at us in a mix daze. I was about to pull out my claws, when this red head woman walks through the door pushing the kids that are trying to leave out of the way.

         “What’s taking so long Jason, I am not paying you to play with him just shoot him.”

         “You have no honor do you Tiffany?”

         “Screw honor get the fucking job done.” She said pulling out a revolver and aiming at me.

         There was a blasting shot, and a red rose of blood began to grow on my chest. I was not going to let anything happen to Laura, and I would be dammed to die in a place like this. I whipped around, and grabbed Laura pulled her close to my body and jumped out the window free falling, just long enough to hit the ground. The pain in my legs was nothing compared to the pain in my chest, and the burning of carrying extra wait, but I bared it with no physical complaints. And raced to the woods.

         “Are you stupid Tiffany?”

         “What the fuck are you talking about I was finishing your job.”

         “Moron, we won’t be able to touch him now, he is in his domain, you mine as well have given him a gun and pointed it point blank at our heads.”

         “Don’t be stupid we have him completely surrounded.”

         “When a wolf is wounded, and in his home territory, he is at his most fierce especially if they are trying to protect someone or something important.”

         I don’t know if I am dreaming or in a sort of half death, but I am warm, and the scent of sandal wood, and strength surrounds me keeping me safe and yet in a way protected, but interrupting these warm feelings, is an extra warmth of a liquid dripping onto me. It is sticky, and smells awful, the stench permeates onto me. Raising my head I see that the teacher, the man I secretly admired, is cradling me to his chest, I would have never thought of this happening not in a million years, but there it is happening. I was to worried that I was dreaming so I did not look away from his face, worried that if I even looked away for an instance, he would vanish, and I would find myself alone in bed, and this would all be a figment of my imagination. But as I stared, there was a coldness, a hollowness, a depth in his eyes that was not there when he stood in front of us during class, and in away it called to me, as if I had known his heart all my life and yet just now did I see the missing pieces, and it all came into focus. He wasn’t a teacher, no he looked more at piece on some far off battle field commanding warriors, and preparing for battle, not a fiction writing and English teacher. What was his story, and would I ever find out the mystery lurking behind those safe guarded eyes.

         My body was growing heavier with each passing moment, my body growing weighted, but the pressing fear for the person in my arms, and the feel of her warmth of her body heat, gave me the strength and stamina to Carrie on. Must get her to safety m..u…s…t p..r..o…t…e…c…t h…e…r

         How far we went I could not say, but the eyes went cloudy and his breathing became laborious, and then he fell. My heart racing in my chest, my voice gone, the fear to grand I could not even scream paralyzed. All I could do is watch with cold icy tears trickling down my face, to frozen to move to cry barely able to breath, as the day slowly became night, and the stars and moon cast a full glow across the bank of a river, don’t ask me names, cause at the moment I was to amazed to remember anything. As the moon cat its shadow to my udder amazement, I watched him awaken, his eyes a glowing yellow, he stands up, and goes to the river, were the blood just streams off to the cold water. The wounds looking nowhere near as severe as they were not but an hour earlier. He silently Stayed by the river whipping away the blood, wincing as the liquid caresses his flesh. He was wild, and yet I could feel in my heart the desire to stay by his side, to be his. The desires of the heart are fickle though in real life, how can you offer a wild beast food from your hand and expect them to just comply with whatever you want? If you thought that then you are stupid and childish living in a fantasia and this is the cold hard reality.

         “We need to get you to safety.” He said in a gruff yet gentle voice.

         “What? No way I am staying with you.”

         Takes a deep breath obviously trying to control of his words. “ If you stay with me you will be in danger, please just when I can I will take you to an air port, and then from there we will go are separate ways it would be best if you forget everything about me, and what you saw.”

         “No way,” my heart racing I just went over to him I now know it was childish, “Please let me stay with you. I won’t get in the way, I won’t be a burden.” I say squeezing his arms on the verge of tears.

         What can I do, here this girl is, telling me whatever I want to hear and I know in my own heart, the best thing for her was to disappear from her life, and let her have a normal life. Could I blow her off? Taking one look into her eyes, my heart was rising in my throat, no I can not possibly do that to her. Could I survive the price for being with her? The uncertainty and confusion, what the Hell is wrong with me these indecisive feelings would get me killed.

© Copyright 2010 Xian (xxian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637164-Dantes-story-part-3