*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637457-Tall-Lanky-Random
Rated: ASR · Other · Action/Adventure · #1637457
See title? (Haven't finished it.)
1. Intro



A story of best friends, of lovers, of adventures, and of wisdom. Beauty resides within the sentences, love shines in every paragraph, and tear stains are hidden through the exclamation points, periods, and the rambling comma. Judgement, war, and hate belongs not here. Nature is the religion, the love between beings is the only moral. There is no hidden agenda here, only a story about two boys, Milo and Simba.

Milo was a beautiful young boy, different from his surroundings, a bright yellow in a storm of no color. His eyes, simply, were wonder. He was tall and lanky, clumsy with no control of his long limbs. His mind was a whirlwind of ideas, a stunning mass of respect and understanding. From his fingertips came ravishing images, from looking through a camera could he produce a tangible idea of peace. An avid photographer, he would always carry his beaten black camera with him, marked with the various adventures it accomplished. A smile would grace face often, and every time was much anticipated.

His best friend went by Simba. This was never his original name, but what he was christened 18 years ago on that warm July night was never known. He knew that his body, his being, his spirit was meant to be called ‘Simba’ to outsiders. He was a dark boy, mysterious and over- sexed. Shorter than Milo, his hands were too big for his skinny build, and hung loosely at his sides. An attractive boy and a hidden mind ridden with art and music, he had mastered the art of living a full and entertaining life.

The ring leaders of many crowds, these two boys didn’t bother to care. They engulfed themselves into their passions, they surrounded themselves with colors and sights that separated themselves from anyone else. They were in their own world full of different sounds and beautiful scenes from nature, music that came from love, that would balloon your chest with absolute joy.

These two boys were happy. And longed for adventure, made for it in fact. Their addiction to abnormality and being out of their element is what this story is centered upon.



2. And... Began



Milo woke up slowly that morning. The sun had barely risen, but had already cast a warmth outside his window. The trees swayed softly against his house, drawing him outside. He sat up on the edge of his bed, and rubbed his eyes gently. He then stretched himself to a standing position.

He took his first step for the day, only to have it fail as he tripped and landed upon the hard cement floor.

“What the.... SIMBA!” Milo pulled his legs quickly to his chest, off of the lump residing on his cold floor, the lump that happened to be Simba.

“Mmmm... Good morning, youngin’. How are you this fine morning?” Simba mumbled in his sleeve, only to have Milo box him in the face.

“Dude. Not. Cool.” Milo got up, and made his way to the bathroom. Milo continue to pee and get ready for the day, and Simba climbed onto Milo’s bed and fell back asleep.

Milo ignored the new found nuisance on his bed as he pulled on his sneakers, and made his way towards the door.

“Milo, where are you going? We’ve got shit to do.” Simba had finally pulled himself from the restraining sheets, and sat up to look at Milo. His dazzling brown eyes were still stained with sleepiness. “C’mon, c’mon, c’mon. Follow me, friend.”

“Simba, I’m going for a walk. What stuff do we need to do?” Milo bluntly stayed where he stood, waiting for the outrageous explanation his friend would surely provide.

“I had a revelation last night, Mi. We gotta save the world. It’s been decided.” Simba stood up, and walked over to Milo, letting their eyes meet. Milo rolled his eyes, and stood aside, letting his friend lead the way. Simba’s face burst into joy, and grasped Milo’s hand as he led him outside.

Milo’s house was surrounded by green and vivacious forest, and the trees burst to life with different shades of nature as the bright yellow sun pierced the leaves and branches. Both Milo and Simba shaded their eyes from the radiant sun. Simba raced ahead of Milo, his large feet pounding upon the dirt path. He stopped and looked back at Milo, a dynamic smile luring Milo to follow. Milo stood there, quizzically, but shook his head in defeat, laughing under his breath.

The two young and handsome men walked for a while, in a complete and comfortable silence. Milo carried a camera around his neck and would stop at frequent intervals to record the ravishing scenes that lay before them. Simba carried nothing, all he had were his torn and hand made clothes, but he picked up two sturdy sticks and began to make a beat against a near by tree when Milo kneeled to photograph a particularly interesting flower.

“So,” Milo began, as his camera clicked “d’you know where we’re headed?”

“Well, I know we’re off to save the world. Let’s just follow the pretty and nice things for now.” Simba had his eyes closed, swaying to the beat that he was making.

“We’re in a forest, dude. Everything is pretty and nice.” Milo said again, still taking pictures.

“Yeah. Well. Let’s find a damsel in distress.” Simba said, turning towards Milo. “And keep taking pictures. Those are save-the-world materiel.”

Milo smiled to himself. “Thanks, man.”



3. The P.O.V. of Milo



I have a hard time being alone, sometimes. Sometimes, it’s all I wish for. When I’m in a large crowd, sometimes I’ll sit cross-legged in the middle of all the chaos. I’ll tuck my head down, and close my eyes. And I’ll think of pretty things. Like the pretty girls that I sometimes take pictures of. Like the breath-taking landscapes that I pass by as I travel from place to place. Sometimes, I think of all the genuine and honest people that I meet. The beautifully understanding people that I have been lucky enough to run into as I have lived my life.

Sometimes, to calm me down. I’ll sit and listen to lovely music, music that brings tears. Stinging tears, comforting ones. A smile, a true smile that I show only to my inner self. Maybe even a laugh, one that echos through my brain as it escapes my parched mouth.

I want to fall in love with another person one day. But it’s not something that I wish for every single day, I’m not so desperate that I pray pathetically for it every night before I sleep. I’m already in love with the world, and that’s something I can be proud of.

One day, I do hope to find a girl whom I can be in love with world along side of. A pretty one. Who’ll let me take ravishing pictures of her.



4.

Milo could feel his stomach began to clench with hunger, and he looked down at it sympathetically, placing his hand on his belly to nurse the pain.

“So, after we find a damsel in distress, can we go back for lunch?” Milo asked, his face saddened with hunger.

“That sounds good. Then after lunch I think we need to hit up Wyoming.” Simba said, joyously pouncing down the dirt path.

“We live in Colorado. What could possibly be in Wyoming?” Milo asked, his hand still placed firmly on his stomach.

“I just have a feeling, trust me.” Simba said as he ran in front of Milo, reaching the top of a hill. He looked down upon the horizon. His face lit up at something he saw, he beckoned Milo to follow and he rushed down the hill.

Milo took his time to walk up the hill, worrying about his big, empty stomach. As he reached the top of a hill, he saw Simba sitting cross legged next to a tree. His eyes were closed and his face was relaxed.

“Simba, I will never figure you out.” Milo mumbled under his breath as he heaved his tall hungry self over the hill and down to where Simba meditated.

As he got closer to his friend, he saw that another being was beside him, on the other side of tree. She was a girl that about their age. Her light brown hair tumbled in curls down her back, her features were small and relaxed. She sat there, and meditated, completely unaware of the two boys next to her.

Milo looked her at curiously, kneeling down to look at her face. He was so close to her that he could feel her eyelashes tingle upon his face. She opened her eyes in one swift movement. They were almond-shaped and huge, a dark green with specks of blue. Milo’s heart danced in his chest cavity.

She smiled at Milo softly.

“Hello, Milo. I’m reckoning I’m your damsel in distress.” She said to him, her cool breath splashing on Milo’s face.



5.



Milo fell back onto a rock, which punctured his ass and sent uncomfortable pangs through to his stomach. The girls eyes spread apologetically as she leapt up and went to help Milo off his fallen self.

“Are you alright? I swear I didn’t mean to scare you like that.” She said, her voice was sweet and soft like sun-ripened raspberries.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m sorry. I guess I invaded your personal space there a little bit.” Milo said, forcing his voice to not shake from the pain that still resided on his bottom. He took the girls hand and, with a slight wince still visible on his face, he stood up.

During this sequence of events, Simba had managed to fall to the ground, clutching his stomach in laughter. Milo had the urge to punch him, but with his butt still throbbing he decided to just introduce himself to his damsel in distress. He turned to her, stiff from his injury, and stuck his hand for her to meet with her hand.

“I’m Milo, but you already knew that I suppose.” Milo smiled quietly at the girl. She smiled back, lifting her shoulder animatedly, color coming to her cheeks. She looked like a cartoon character.

“Yup. I’m Rory. It’s nice to finally meet you.” Her voice carried off into the air, reverberating through the dense forest. “Simba has told me all about you.”

Simba, being called upon, hopped up from the ground and came in between Rory and Milo, hugging Rory. He lifted her off the ground as he twirled her around, her feet almost hitting Milo in the shins. Milo jumped back, cussing under his breath.

Rory was finally put down, and the wind wound through her long golden hair. The sun sparkled it’s bright reflection in it, and her deep blue eyes illuminated against the surrounding shadows. Milo gasped and his stomach flipped.



6.

What is with HUMANs these days? They consider themselves above every other thing. Ever. The wild horse that can sprint for miles, still radiating beauty as it performs this task, this task that is as natural as taking a shit. Can a goddamn HUMAN do that?

No.

They run, and their faces flush a deep crimson red, beads of sweat began to form on their forehead, greasing up their entire face so that bright red pussy zits can appear.

Their faces are short, as if Mother Nature tried to smack some sense into, hitting them straight in the face.

They act more beautiful and more lovely than every other thing. Ever. But they still ignore it when their own kind starve.

I stand up on two feet, and my brain is the size of my two fists. I’ve even got a fucking flat face.

Humans even call me by a name. Simba. The trees whisper it too. They say it softly, and naturally. They make it sound so much better.

But am I human?

I am but a mere animal. And I ACT NATURAL.

7.

“Why are you our damsel in distress, then?” Milo was walking next to Rory as Simba was skipping through the fallen leaves a few yards ahead of them.

“You know, I’m actually not sure. I was sitting there, under that tree, and Simba came up to me. And he said everything to me, without ever really saying anything. With his eyes, does that make any sense?” Rory was holding her hands together, twisting them as she glided along the dirt path they were walking.

“It makes all the sense in the world, actually. He does that. He’s kind of... magical.” Milo decided to stop his attempts of describing his best friend, and he turned to Rory again. “I think you’re supposed to lead us in our journey of saving the world, actually.”

“Save the world? That’s what you’re doing?”

“I guess.” Milo said, shyly turning away.

They continued on the beaten and worn path, letting it’s winding existence carry them to the end of the forest. At the edge of the forest was the town that was next to Milo’s, it was an old mining town with rosy-cheeked folks, and restaurants with home-cooked food made with love, as Milo would always say.

As they entered the town, they all looked around in awe. The building were of various pastel colors, the tops of them a red brick. The sun was still shining brightly ahead, casting a glow on the already magical town.
© Copyright 2010 Manda Seasonings (danceswithbees at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637457-Tall-Lanky-Random