*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638406-Dnd-Useing-Kendras-Mind-DnDUKM-Who
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1638406
This is chapter 1 of my many chapter story.
         An Enigmatic intensity rang through the elven forest breeze, as the three travelers awoke from their deep slumber. The first one to get up was clearly an elven cleric, He was certainly an inquisitive guessing game in himself. He had long silver hair held back in an elaborate braid, and was dressed in full body mithril armor. Next to him was a female Eladrin Wizard, wearing red and white leather studded robes. Her sky blue hair reached her shoulders, and her forehead had a red crystal encrusted in it.

         She shook awake her young human friend. The human was a thief with fire red hair that flowed gracefully to the bottom of her ears. “Who are you two?” the cleric asked. “I am Evenstar” the wizard explained,”and this is my friend Lee Ah”. “OK ladies, lets all go down this path, agreed?” the cleric questioned. “Wait! Tell us your name first!” Lee Ah exclaimed. “Fine... My name is Cabachon, can we please get going now?” He rushed them as if he knew that something was coming. But what he did not know was how dangerous his life would be from now on.

         After three infuriating days of traveling on a paved path, they stopped at an edge of the winding torture. Right after dark, they heard a chorus of blood chilling screams coming from up the paved path. “Here is a dirt path over here ma---” Lee Ah's sentence was cut off by Cabachon throwing a ninja star. The ninja star grew in size and hit a fleeing horse which held two humanoid figures. “Glad I'm not them!” Evenstar commented. Cabachon cautiously walked over there. It was so dark by now that he couldn't tell if they were drows or elves.

         Evenstar ran up to Cabachon. “Who are yo...” “ACK!” Cabachon and Evenstar turned around to see Lee Ah pinned down on the ground by 10 Kobolds. By the time they have killed all the Kobolds, the strangers have escaped. “Let's see where they came from!” Evenstar suggested. Everyone followed her to the end of the paved path. “Oh... my... gosh...” Lee mumbled. It was a tent site, or at least it used to be. All the tents were tattered and shredded, blood was everywhere, and dead bodies polluted the site. As they searched the camp, Lee Ah found a teddy bear that read on the back “Farcia”. She secretly hid it in her backpack, thinking to herself “hope the kid got out of this mess”.

         “I think we should find those two who left” Cabachon thought aloud. “OK, let's get a move on!” shouted Evenstar. After several dumbfounding minutes, Evenstar decided that she should call out her dragon Jira. “Get out of the way, Even!” shouted Cabachon. “Calm down Caba, he is my dragon” Evenstar explained. “Jira, do you think you could scout ahead and see if there is a town nearby?” Evenstar turned her head toward Jira as she spoke.

         When Jira came back he said “Yeah, follow that dirt path over there. I found out it's name is Imaifin”. “The people or the town?” Cabachon asked. “The town, you goofball” Jira recited. “Hey guys” said Cabachon, “I see a magical signature coming from Lee Ah's backpack”. Evenstar pulled out the teddy bear “What is this Lee Ah?” Evenstar asked, wary that her friend would carry around a magical Teddy Bear. “I picked it up at the camp” Lee Ah hesitated before continuing... I thought that it's owner may have been on that horse”. “She also could be being eaten alive by Kobolds right now” Cabachon informed.

         “Well to me it seems the arrow is pointing towards the town” Jira butted in. “Jira, may I ask you how you know these things?” Evenstar questioned. “Well mistress Evenstar, I am a time dragon” Jira explained, “and I have been here before”. “What year is it?” Evenstar asked. “The year that King Dillard died” said Jira. Jira looked at them and continued “He died in February, it is now July. “Five months ago?” Lee Ah asked. “And plus didn't his brother rule over a town named Imaifin?” “Yes” Jira answered, “His brother King Steven. He is alive... for now”

         Everyone followed the “magic arrow' into town. “We should buy supplies while we are here” Evenstar suggested. So they went into a store and bought themselves some items. “Wait!” Lee Ah exclaimed, “I forgot my money at the counter!” Lee Ah hurried back into the shop. When the door closed, the shop keep grabbed her arm and told her “They are in the Courageous Giant! It is not too late for princess amallia to be saved.” She let go of Lee Ah and didn't seem to notice what she just did. Lee Ah grabbed her money and ran out the door. She told Evenstar and Cabachon what happened.

         “To the Courageous Giant then!” Cabachon ordered. Wait!” Lee Ah shouted. “What is it this time” Cabachon asked, clearly irritated. “Do you know this town or something? Cause you seem to know where everything is” Lee Ah commented. “One, yes. And two, Why would you care?” Cabachon turned and marched away, as the girls cautiously walked behind him. When he reached the door , he turned around and said “Sorry I snapped at you Lee Ah, I just don't like being asked so many damn questions.” “I understand” agreed Lee Ah, as she stood closer to him and whispered seductively “you owe me a drink and a room tonight”. “Absolutely” Cabachon promised.

         They went inside and sat down at an empty table. “What would you like?” asked a Tiefling bartender. “Do you usually work here? I do not see you around a lot” Cabachon calmly asked her. “Well that is because I am the owner, but my bartender's aren't here today so I have to fill in. By the way, my name is Clementine, Mistress Clementine preferably.”Clementine shrugged at the word preferably. Since she was leaning close to the light, you could make out what she looked like. She had navy blue skin and 2 green eagle wings. Her soft, shiny orange hair flowed gently past and under the counter straight to the floor. She also had cat ears and a fluffy cat tail. “Just an elven ale will do the trick” Evenstar interrupted rudely. Clementine came back and gave Even a drink. Even fell to the floor unconscious. “Who is rude now, punk?” Clementine exclaimed.

         A brown haired human maid came down the stairs and asked “Who is Cabachon?” “I am”, said  Cabachon. He stood up to walk over there, and went up the stairs to room 144. When he walked in the room he was immobilized by awe. “Well, do you know about how to fix her?” a voice rose from the chair beside her bed. “What is wrong with her?” Asked Cabachon. The young man from beside the bed stepped into the light. He had dark blue hair that reached the ground. “She seems to be in a very profound slumber. When you killed our horse, Beth, she still didn't wake up”, the mysterious youth explained. Cabachon walked over to the bed. In the bed was lying the little girl. She had very short, silky grass green hair, and her skin, the color of sand.

         Cabachon dispelled the magic. As the little girl got up, you could see her eyes. Her wide jet black eyes matched her future-like dress, which looked like a cloth mirror. Cabachon took out the Teddy Bear, and gave it to her. “Mr. Snuffles!” The girl took it and hugged it. “Now I must properly introduce myself”, said the young man. “I am prince Alaric, and this is my younger sister princess Farcia.”Nice to meet you two”, said Cabachon. Alaric said “We should sleep for the night. Tell your comrades Lee Ah and Evenstar to sleep well tonight. I will explain in the subsequent morning. Good night now, dear cleric, good night”, Alaric mumbled.
© Copyright 2010 Katrina (kendra-chan44 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638406-Dnd-Useing-Kendras-Mind-DnDUKM-Who