*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638536-Eves-Story-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Zahra
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1638536
blarrrblarrr blahhhhhhhhh
(PLZ REVIEW! even if it like 2 lines thanks :D )

My eyes fluttered open and I found myself staring into the strangest eyes I had ever seen. Not strange as in unfocused or too close together or anything petty like that, but strange because they were so similar to my own. So, so similar. But also very different. How could that be?
They were a brilliant golden colour, more amber than yellow and framed with the longest, the most beautiful brown lashes. It didn't make him look feminine. His eyelids looked like they were made of velvet. I tried hard to keep my face composed, but I suppose I couldn't help feeling startled. His face was a mask of uncertainty. I attempted at a smile, but I couldn't help feeling intimidated for the first time in my life. I was amazed. This must have been how other people felt when they were forced to be in the same room as me.
The corners of his mouth pulled up into a smile, and he laid me down on a wooden bench. I noticed that I was wearing his jacket, and I was grateful for it. The night air was chilled and icy, and without the jacket I would probably have freezed to death. Seemed like a nice sort of guy. Except.. I didn’t know him. Or his name.
"Uh... what happened? How did I get here?" I asked, surprised to find myself back home. I looked around me, trying to make out vague shapes in the darkness. I could make out a pentagon with a rectangle stuck to it, which was probably the cottage, and could hear the baa-ing of the flocks of sheep that had just escaped from the field. Typical Raymond. Couldn't even remember to shut the gate. I practically ran the place! He was getting so old and helpless. So was Jenaide. I was so scared of loosing them, because they were the only family I had now. Soon there would be only me, barely twenty years old, alone and- and here I was, feeling sorry for myself. Again. Grow up, will you? Muttered a voice from inside my head.
even important right now. That wasn't ecause right now, I only wanted to know how the hell I got here.
"You almost got run over by a car. I got the impression that you were running away, “he muttered suspiciously. “ Did I assume correctly?"
He saved my life? His voice was deep, irresistible. I tried to ignore that, as I ignored his question.
"Ah. Well, I... Thanks. I’m Eve. You?"
"Eve, I’ve known you all your life," he murmured.
© Copyright 2010 Zahra (stardustgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638536-Eves-Story-Chapter-2