*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638836-Choices
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by skillz
Rated: E · Short Story · Teen · #1638836
This is a short story about how sometimes love can be cruel and forces you to choose

Choices
By: Devin Stanley



“God he makes me sick” I was thinking to myself as I seen Trevor Murphy finishing up the math problem on the board. “You’re absolutely right Trevor.” Mrs. Woodley said overjoyed while smiling at Trevor, then cutting her eyes at me. “Do you understand how to do it now Bryce?” she said with a tone. “Yeah I understand it perfectly, I have a life and Trevor doesn’t.” After I said that the whole class went up in an uproar. “Bryce”!!!!!!!! Mrs. Woodley yelled. “What, I told you that I understood.” “No that’s not what you said.” She snapped back at me. Her eyes were glued to mine and I could see the wrinkles in her forehead beginning to form. “Ok, ok I’m sorry………..we can proceed.” I said with a slight smile. Trevor Murphy hadn’t taken his eyes off me since I made the comment. Truth is I really didn’t care about his feelings getting hurt, he deserved what he got. He’s always trying to make others feel like their stupid because they don’t know everything like he does. Plus he should have known better, guess he’s not as smart as he thinks he is because every time he tries to make me look stupid it back fires on him. “Eye problem?” I asked him smartly. He didn’t say anything like always just turned around in his little seat, propped his elbows on the desk and rested his head in his hands. “He should have known better.” Mikey said while copying the question from the board. “Shouldn’t he though, you would think he would have learned by now.” I whispered back. “I think they might have something going on.” Mikey said while pointing at Mrs. Woodley and Trevor.” “O, come on, please.” I said, and then I look at Mrs. Woodley then at Trevor, and then back at Mrs. Woodley. “You know what you might be right.” I said while nudging Mikey. “Something funny you two?” Mrs. Woodley interrupted. “Ummmmm....” was all I can say then reluctantly the bell rang. “OOOOOOO I’m sorry, guess I’m just going to have to tell you tomorrow.” “Please spare me.” “What you don’t want to know now?” She just looked at me with this crazy stare then said “Get out of my class.” I laugh a little and continue getting my books. “See you later Trev!!” I yelled across the room. He just stared at me until I was out of the door.
Walking in the hallways is crazy around this time, good thing I’m not Closter phobic because I would really have some serious problems. “Hey Bryce, let me use your math book for Mrs. Woodley’s class, I lost mine yesterday I can’t find it anywhere.” A familiar voice said. “Man you can’t keep track of nothing, you better not have lost my science book for Mr. Jones class I know that.” “Man I got it, it’s in my locker.” “Yeah it better be”. I said while trying not to get trampled. “Hey Drew I don’t even think your going to need the book for Mrs. Woodley’s class but ill let you get it anyway.” “That’s why I love you man.” He said while attempting to knock my books out of my hands. Drew and I have been friends forever, for as long as I can remember. I can’t remember if we met in the second grade or third grade, doesn’t really matter, we’ve been thick as thieves every since we’ve met. “What class you have next?” Drew asked as he was trying to remember the combination to his locker. “I got history next, too bad we have different history teachers, you could have given me a heads up on that project he’s talking about.
“Yeah well too bad.” He said while driving my science book in my chest.” “Thanks for not losing it.” “Shut up man.” He said while smiling. “Hey I’ll get at you at lunch don’t want to be late.” “You never want to be late for his class.” I take a short breath as my heart dropped and I pause for a second waiting to see if he was going to say anything else. But he didn’t. “Yeah I don’t know, I guess I just like the class.” I said after exhaling. “Well better you then me I think history is boring.” “Sure it’s not” I said while trying to squeeze through the sea of people. “Two minutes” I say to myself as I began to run trying to make it to class on time. “HEY, WATCH WHERE YOU GOING!!!!!!!” Sarah Marshall yelled as I ran into her while turning the corner. “Yeah whatever” I yelled back at her. My focus was keen on getting to Mr. Jones class three minutes before the bell rings. It’s the most important part of my day. I sig sag through the hallways and finally I was at my destination. “Hey there Bryce should have known it was you storming in here, you’re always the first in the class.” “Yeah just eager to learn I guess.” I lied. I look up at clock realizing that I made pretty goodtime today. It wasn’t long before people started pouring into the class. My full attention was on that door, just waiting. Occasionally I will glimpse up at the clock trying to predict the moment she walks in. Each minute that passes by seems like an eternity. “Man I hope she’s here today.” I panic. “Hey Bryce what’s up.” Gary Marks said as passes by. “Hey, hey what’s up” I answered unenthused as if he were bothering me. I didn’t mean for it to come out like that but it just did. Truthfully I really don’t care; the only thing I care about is seeing her walk through that door. And it wasn’t long before she did.
As soon as I see her it’s like time stops, and nothing else matters, my eyes stayed glued to her the whole time she’s walking. I begin thinking to myself she’s gets more beautiful everyday; she’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. I’m head over hills for this girl, I mean everything about her drives me crazy, her eyes, her smile, her voice, her personality. I’m crazy in love with her. To me she’s my world, she’s my sun, my stars, my moon, the air that I breathe, she’s everything. And she sits right next to me. “Hey Bryce you know what this projects going to be about?” “Huh...................oh I don’t know Tif, your guess is as good as mine.” I said while trying to get myself back together. But it’s so difficult when she’s staring me right in my eyes. As she continues talking I just listen, grasping every word that comes out of her mouth. Counting it a privilege to sit and listen to God’s greatest gift.
It’s been about hour and still I’m trying to get myself together but I can’t her gravitational pull is making it nearly impossible. Before I know it the bell rings. Class was over and so was the best part of my day. “So are you coming this weekend?” “Yeah I’ll be there it’s going to be crazy.” I said with a smile. She smiles back at me with the most beautiful smile “Yeah me and Drew are really looking forward to this weekend too.” It felt like someone ripped my heart out of my chest and stomped on it repeatedly when I heard those words. Realizing that sometimes friendship isn’t always all it’s cracked up to be. And sometimes love can be oh so evil.

© Copyright 2010 skillz (musicman84 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638836-Choices