*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640112-A-Place-of-Settled-Movement
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1640112
Without being settled, movement can be weak and unfocused
Have you settled into a nice quiet place in life? Are you in a place where things are just going along; not necessarily smoothly and not necessarily comfortably, but they are going along and you’ve adapted? Are you in a place where you want to change something, but don’t know what and if you did know what, don’t know how?

Well my friend, you are like most of us who are in a rut. You’re stuck. It’s like being stuck in mud or in a snow bank. You park your car and go about your business, and now you’re not sure how you got there, but you’re there; stuck. Was there more mud or snow than you thought? Now, you’re spinning your wheels trying to get out. You try rocking your car, but that isn’t working. You try opening the door and pushing with one foot on the ground and you find that that’s equally futile.

So what is it that you have to do? Well in this day of cell phones and North Star®, you make a call and someone comes along and gives you a push or if necessary a tow. Now, you’ve moved on in life. You have a family, friends, a career and personal activities. Looking back you had great visions and plans and now you seem to be stuck. So, who do you call? Is the first place that you look for help, a friend, partner, mentor, etc.? They come and give you really good advice, but when they leave, you still feel stuck. The only good thing is that now you’re stuck with a lot of good advice.

The one thing you’ve seen so far is that you need outside help. All of your knowledge and insight just doesn’t seem to be helping in this situation. So, looking inward is not the answer and that has been established by the fact that you had to call a trusted friend from the outside. Okay, your friends came and tried to help you but that still didn’t do the trick.

So, let’s try a different approach. Let’s go multi-dimensional. Stay with me, I’ll explain this in just a second. What we’re going to do is both go a little further outside of ourselves and at the same time go deeper into ourselves. If you haven’t figured it out yet, what I’m suggesting is deep, earnest gut retching, “I have nothing” prayer.

What I’m suggesting is going outside of yourself and coming boldly to the throne of God to find help in your time of need and at the same time allowing the Holy Spirit inside of you to lead you and guide you in all truth.

Once you’ve reached that place, you are able to move ahead in what God wants you to do and be who God wants you to be. You can be settled in the place that God has you, while at the same time pressing ahead for the prize. You can then be in a place where waiting on God is a settled action.

“… O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt… O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done…” (Jesus Christ)
© Copyright 2010 rbradley (rbradley0108 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640112-A-Place-of-Settled-Movement