*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640141-the-nap
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by mel
Rated: · Other · Other · #1640141
after a nap, jen has turned from twenty to eighty in an afternoon.
thw wind was howling around the little cottage with the force of a force ten gale. at least thats what jen thought.realistically speaking it was probably no worse than usual for this time of year - february - but that didn`t stop jen from thinking it.
shivering jen pulled her cardigan closer around her and drew the curtains in the living room, all the while wondering why she felt so tired that day. deciding that even though there was no reason for her to be as exhausted as she felt there was nothing to be done about it so she had two options. one, ignore it and get on with her day as normally as she could or ntwo, take a little nap. having decided on the latter as the correct course of action she wasted no time!
firstly jen un plugged the phone, switched off her mobile with a shrug and hoping that if anyone important called they would leave a message on voicemail. secondly turned the fire on low hoping that the warnth and would lull her into sleep then she settled herself into s corner of the sofa and tried to relax.
sometime later jen woke feeling less than impressed at apparently having slept a lot lomger than she had planned for. cursing herself and the entire universe she slowly sat up and tried to unravel herself from the most uncomfortable position she had ever slept in.
it was at that moment prescisely that jen realised she had a problem. she just was not aware yet how big that problem could possibly be,
© Copyright 2010 mel (mello10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640141-the-nap