*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640333-A-Love-Lost
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1640333
an old flame burns once more
No other man had ever held her like he did.



His arms so tight around her, her chest to his, her head on his shoulder. He felt so damn strong, and she liked that. His arms where her wall from the outside world. Inside of them, nothing else mattered but the feeling of his skin on hers. His lips in her hair, she shivered slightly, remembering the feeling on them somewhere else, somewhere deep, and secret.



She had missed him, she realized with an underlying sadness. She couldn't believe how much she had missed him. The constant ache that seemed to always be in her chest, was gone. The dull throb between her legs was there, but it had always been when he held her so close. She wanted to wrap her legs around him and never let him go, but she restrainted herself. PDA had never been his thing. And he was no longer hers, she had to keep reminding herself. So she settled into his embrace. and let herself fully relax for the first time in a long time.



He seemed to fly her acrossed the dance floor, he was so light on his feet that she felt like Cinderella. It was foolish for a woman of 30 to be comparing herself to a fairytale princess but she felt like a giddy girl of only 16, dancing with her sweetheart. He had always had power over her like that. One glance and she was puddy in his hands. How she had had the power to leave him for college so many years ago, she'd never known.



She wanted to hold onto this beautiful man forever. And then . . . the moment was over.



He pulled away from her, and smiled. "I've go to get going."



Sadder words she had never heard. She nodded, she was unable to speak for fear of crying. As his hand slipped from her grasp, the ache inside of her heart came once more, the pain was deeper than before. Her heart was damning her for letting him slip away once again. And as she watched his perfection walk away, and out of her life for the second time, a single tear fell from her eye.
© Copyright 2010 Lilithe Silvermead (itsinthestars at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640333-A-Love-Lost