*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640573-The-End
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1640573
Enter: The End
"This isn't how I wanted it to end."
"Well, Mac, there's been a change in plans. That's all I can tell you."
"Come on, they don't deserve this. Punish me if you want, not them. Please just listen to them."
"I can't Mac, it has already been decided. Don't you understand that I love them all just as much as I love you."
"If you really loved me then you would let me take their punishment. This is just some sort of game to you isn't it, a joke?"
"Oh, Mac, I can assure you that this isn't a game I like to play, and it's hardly a joke. I do love you Mac we already went through this in the past. They didn't learn the last time, what makes you think they will this time."
"They're different this time. More caring, you can't fault them for their mistakes."
"I'm not faulting them for their past mistakes. What's done is done my precious Mac, you know that."
"Don't do that."
"Do what exactly Mac."
"That thing you do where you patronize me."
"I'm not patronizing you Mac, you've miss read my tone. I understand that you're angry with me, but know that anger doesn't get us any where. In all your lessons you must have at least remembered that."
"I know anger doesn't get us any where, its just that people get angry. I get angry, sad, and happy. You most of all should know that."
"Mac, I should never have let you go back there to visit. I knew it wouldn't end well."
"I can make them change, there already doing better. They have been working so hard on changing."
"I'm sorry Mac this is the end of the line."
"You're just going to keep on doing this aren't you."
"Until I get it right. Even I make mistakes sometimes Mac."
"This is the third time we've had to restart from the beginning."
"I know, it probably won't be the last time either."
"I promise Mac, it will be quick , they won't feel a thing. It's for the greater good that were doing this now and not later."
"Can I do it this time?"
"Only if you want to Mac, I don't want you to feel as though you need to do it."
"God please let me bare this on my shoulders this time."
"Go ahead son shut down the plant, I'll get pay role going on the final pay stubs."
"Thanks dad next time we'll get it right."

420 Words,

what, were you expecting something else
© Copyright 2010 kmacinnes (kevzabob at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640573-The-End