*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641003-A-Fall-Through-Flames
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1641003
the prologue to my new story. please rate!
Prologue

I walked into the bathroom without a second thought. I grabbed a razor from the shelf and went to find a safety pin, and a clothe. No one was home right now, I knew that without even descending the stairs into the lower level of my house. I knew that Raphael wasn’t staying after school like he said he was; he was out with his girlfriend. I knew the Crypt Keeper wasn’t helping the jump rope kids he taught at his school; he was out with one of his girlfriends. I knew Grannyzilla wasn’t at her sister’s house to scrapbook; she was there to beg Aunt Alexia to adopt me again. Why do I know this? Am I stalking my family? No. Not at all. People are predictable, and I happen to be way to observing to not see through their lies. And maybe, just maybe, because I’m a sphinx.

When I say sphinx, I don’t mean the whole giant, sandy, just plain weird looking sphinx of Egypt. Those never existed. Ever . The sphinxes I’m talking about are a species of beings no one ever knew about completely. In anciant Asia, we were know as ninjas, but they never knew the full extent of how special we were. Now, we are completely under the radar. The only probable is that “we” is actually me. As far as I know, ( which is a lot) I am the last one on earth.

Yes, like that odd Egyption statue, sphinxes could be part man, part eagle, part lion. But they could also be part human, part lemur, part platypus. Or part human, part bear, part salmon ( ironic huh?), part a hundred bazillion other creatures of the world. But we maintain a mostly human appearance. I happen to be part human, part raven, magpie, and part something that gives me fangs and super strong muscles. So yes, I have wings. The only three things that connect us are one, human genes, two, special abilities, and three, we cant feel anything.

That’s why I’m now disecting a razor for the blade inside.
© Copyright 2010 Your Best Nightmare (natalie_dee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641003-A-Fall-Through-Flames