*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641746-Often-in-a-relationship
Rated: · Other · Emotional · #1641746
Its easier to opt out by blaming the other person than to admit the mistake
This is the general trend among couples when one of the two decides that it is time to part ways or they are not gaining what they had hoped for out of that relationship although, the circumstances differ from one relationship to another. The saying, "the grass is always greener on the other side" holds true, even in relationships, until you are on the other side yourself. If things go wrong, the first sentence generally uttered is a harsh and accusatory one like "It's all your fault" or "If you hadn't done that, none of this would have happened" or "I'm in this situation because of you". Later, when things have calmed down a little or the situation seems to be under control, we tend to say "I'm sorry, I was rather disturbed". If the situation remains unresolved, the statements can even take a sharp turn to state "Why did you come into my life? All this happened because of you."

This is how we escape the mistakes we make. A question does arise at this point; why can't we face and overcome our mistakes or learn something positive from it TOGETHER? We cannot always expect things to go exactly how we want them to. Can we not bear the responsibility of the situation ourselves, accept the mistakes we make and try to find a solution to it?

If we really are in a relationship together, why can't the mistakes be "my mistake" or "our mistake" instead of "your mistake"? A relationship is like a bud that blooms into a flower but, we often forget there are some thorns which we should accept along with the flower. We tend to look at, and be attracted to the colourful petals and refuse to acknowledge the thorn. In the same way, we blame one another and refer to the singular "I" instead of the actual plural "We". We seem habituated to tasting the cream of the cake first then delve into the other layers of the cake until we are sated then throw the rest away accusing, "The cake didn't taste as good as the one from the other shop. Next time, get it from the other shop." This is, in fact, how we are... not what we do.
© Copyright 2010 Deepshikha (pensdown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641746-Often-in-a-relationship