*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641917-MFDThe-Bloody-Siren-Chronicles-Ep5
Rated: GC · Other · Dark · #1641917
The Bloody Siren Chronicles Ep 5:The Siren and the Shooters
Marked For Death: The Bloody Siren Chronicles

Episode 5: The Siren and The Shooters



         Shirou Migen found out that The Durahn Siblings were not kidding about “Working him hard”. The small group had been traveling south from Brevehn Outpost for about a whole day now, and the young apprentice of Kenta Durahn was loaded with a backpack full of the siblings’ bottles of unopened bottles of liquor (which Sukia personally threatened to skin the boy alive, should anything happened to the vodka), Sukia’s spare clothes, and Kenta’s armor cleaning materials. When the group had reached a small clearing off of the road and near a stream, they decided to set up camp, and Kenta ordered the boy to clean the blood off of his axe and armor. Still, the boy was in good spirits.

         I’ll do this all day if I have to…, Shirou thought, These two are the only people who can teach me how to become stronger. I’ll wash a million axes before I mess this up!

         Shirou eventually came across Kenta’s chest plate, filled with chinks and scratches from his many fights, but as the boy tried to scrub the plate, he noticed a small, yet noticeable hole towards the middle of the plate.

“That hole came from our father.” Said Sukia walking over and sitting next to Shirou, “I could tell you were wondering why Kenta’s using such a faulty breast plate. The big guy considers it his good luck charm, plus our mother gave it to him.”

“Why would your dad hate you guys so much?” said Shirou

“Our father is…not about the right. He tried to….do….things to me. When my mother found out, she kicked him out and every warrior in our village raised up to make sure I was protected but one day…..”

Roughly Five Years Ago, Sukia’s 16th Birthday….

         Kenta stood in front of his mother and sister with his axe drawn and leveled towards the figure coming into the door. The man was large and muscular, unshaven, with long hair. His clothing was dingy, mud coated his boots, and he had a deranged look on his face. He also had a sickle in his hand.

“Lower your weapon, son, I’m merely here to wish your sister a happy birthday.” The man said, advancing in Kenta’s direction

“She was having a happy birthday until you barged in here!” Kenta shouted back, unwavering, “Leave now. You’re not welcome here.”

         The man continued in Kenta’s direction, staggering as if drunk.  Kenta took a step back and yelled out, “Last warning, Dad, Leave or I’ll kill you right here!!!”

“Ha, Ha, Ha, Kenta, is that the thanks I get for trying to be with my family?”

         Kenta, without another word, ran up on the stranger, and swung his axe at the man’s head. The man quickly ducked and pushed Kenta down and stepped down on his throat.

“See what you made me do, son? You’re going to make me very mad and have to discipline you.” The man said.

         Tsukiko noticed the sickle in the man’s hand and shouted out, “That’s the Scythe of Broken Dreams!!! Kenryo, where did you get that from?”

Kenryo merely looked at her with a curious look, “Why dear, I found it not too long after our little spat. They say this thing is supposed to make you crazy, but I’ve never felt better. Everytime I slay somebody with it, it gives me a feeling of pure euphoria. Oh Sukia, how beautiful you’ve become, honey!”

“Stay away from me, you fucking sicko!” Sukia yelled, and grabbed a knife from off the table to defend herself with.

         Kenryo attempted to take another step, but Kenta summoned all of his strength to pull his father down to the ground. Kenryo, quickly hopped up and raised his weapon, which now seemed to be pulsating with an energy similar to a predator preparing to pounce, and swung it into the chest of the rising Kenta.

“KENTAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Tsukiko yelled as she watched her son get hit by the powerful weapon, which released a small grey wave of energy on impact, slamming the younger man on to the floor with a vengeance.

“Well, well, you’re not dead?” Kenryo said, examining his son’s chest, “That must be some chestplate you have on. This time I’ll aim for your head!”

         The man raised his weapon up in the air, preparing to deliver a fatal blow to Kenta, when Tsukiko ran in between Kenta and Kenryo’s descending blade……



Present Day.

“Miss Sukia….Miss Sukia!!!” yelled Shirou, “You stopped in the middle of your story!”

“Oh…Yeah, I kinda did, didn’t I?” Sukia replied, who had gotten lost in the memory of that fateful day, “Well…I really don’t wanna go into the rest of that day right now, kid. Long story short, that chestplate saved Kenta’s life, and it’s very special to him. It’s very special to me, too. Finish cleaning the armor up, and I’ll help you cook and clean fish for the big guy.”

“You’re not eating with us?”

“I’m a vampire, Shirou, my system can’t really handle regular food anymore.”

         Shirou was going to ask another question when Sukia heard the whistle of an arrow. The Bloody Siren used her superspeed to reach out and grab the arrow out of mid air, but as she held it, the arrow seemed to burn in her hand. Sukia screamed and dropped it. Kenta ran out as soon as he heard the scream of his sister. The group looked in the direction and seen a group of armored archers on horseback.

“That arrow is made of pure silver dipped in water that was blessed 7 times by an angel. We have plenty more of those to come.” Said the figure on the foremost horse. The figure took it’s helmet off to reveal a woman with a Mohawk haircut, “I am Captain Diphelia of the Southern Kingdom Archers. The best archers in the world, and we’re specially armed to take you down. Especially since your big brother seems to be unarmed and unarmored. Surrender and I won’t kill him or the kid you have traveling with you.”

“Hmmm….” Said Sukia sarcastically, “That sounds nice and flashy. I don’t want you to hurt my friends, so let me ask them. Shirou, should I give up?”

“No, Miss Sukia, I say you rip her head off!” the apprentice replied.

“Well, there’s one refusal. How about you, big brother? Should we give up?”

“To this bitch? Tell her we’ll give up if she drops the bows and come make us give up like a real warrior!”

“Well, Kenta says no too, so I guess the unanimous decision is for me to beat your head in and make you shit your brains out.”

“So be it. Archers, FIRE!!!!!” Diphelia yelled

         The archers, quickly and efficiently launched their arrows at the small band. Kenta barely made it behind a tree before dozens of arrows flew threw his previous position.

Damn, they’re quick, they keep shooting! Kenta thought, They’re not giving me a chance to get to the Axe!!!

         The axe of the storms sat out on the shoreline, laying down, next to Kenta’s freshly washed armor. Kenta knew if he could get to the axe, he could take the archers out with one good wave of any random element. He looked out to see one group of the archers aiming at his position while the other group were aiming for Sukia and Shirou. The Bloody Siren had grabbed the small boy, leapt across the stream and were hiding behind trees on that side.

         “Damn!” Sukia yelled, “They’re pinning Kenta down, and If I charge them, they’ll kill me with those things.”

“I’ll Do It!!!!” Yelled Shirou, who took off running towards the Axe of the Storm before Sukia could reach out and stop him.

         The archers on Sukia’s side of the stream prepared to shoot the boy, but Diphelia raised her hands to stop them. “Stay focused on the Bloody Siren.” She signaled for the archers on Kenta’s side of the stream to shoot him.

“Kid, Waaatch Out!!!” Kenta yelled, instinctively running out to try to meet Shirou.

“Master Kenta, the axe!!!!” Shirou yelled before falling in the stream just before a volley of arrows whistled over his head.

“Oh no!!!!” said Diphelia as Kenta reached the axe. She pointed at the other half of archers and yelled “First half follow up!!!!”

“Axe of the Storm, Thunder Barrier!!!!!” Yelled Kenta, tapping into the Axe’s thunder powers to create a wraparound shield about himself, and deflecting the incoming arrows with ease.

         Kenta grinned at the captain of the archers, because they both knew what that last error just meant.

It meant that Sukia had been left unguarded.

         Sukia quickly ran to the side, dodging the arrows from the recently reloaded “second half” and quickly dispatched the first half with her outstretched claws, and Kenta quickly defeated the second half with a blast of lightning from the axe.

“Well, ain’t that a bitch.” Said Kenta, “You had a fool proof plan to kill the both of us, and a little kid fucked your whole shit up. How does it feel to be defeated by a 12 Year Old with no fighting ability at all?”

“Yeah, and to think we thought he was gonna be a weak link in the crew!” Sukia co-signed.

Diphelia merely laughed at the Durahn siblings, and said, “I agree that I didn’t calculate for the boy being crazy enough to create another distraction, but just because you killed my unit doesn’t mean I’m defeated…I haven’t even gotten off my horse yet!!! Now, you see my trump card!!!!”

Next Episode: The Devils of the Night: Diphelia reveals herself to be a Oni-Ken in the employ of the Southern Kingdom, and reveals her secret weapon against the Durahn siblings. Also, Vincent, the Vampire who sired Sukia, makes his return in an attempt to make good on his promise to turn Sukia into his bride

© Copyright 2010 Blood-Raiyne (downskayle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641917-MFDThe-Bloody-Siren-Chronicles-Ep5