*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1642120-untitled
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Military · #1642120
I found myself randomly writing one day. Tell me if you like and I'll continue this story.
"Eli, you can't keep doing this me. To your family. To yourself!" Ashley yelled as she approached the doorway to the porch. Eli just stood there. He turned around to face her as he stood in the rain.

"Ashley..." he said.

"No! Eli, if you leave again, you'll come back to find me gone." Tears are filling her eyes but she has anger tensing her body.

"Ashley, I have to go." He turns around and walks through the downpour.

Tears streaming down her face, "I hate you, Eli Joesph!" Then she slams the door shut.

Eli stops. A stray tear falls along his cheek. "I'm sorry, Ashley..." He continues walking til he reaches the old farm truck at the end of the road.

"Come on, Eli! You're soaked!" Eli heard from the truck. He hopped in and peered to the house.

"I love you, Ashley." Then the truck drove over the hill and out of sight.

"Oh Eli..." Ashley said holding her arms and leaning against the door. Miss Laura, Eli's sister, came into the room.

"Ashley, what's wrong?" Laura says looking at Ashley. "I hear the door slam."

"Eli left again... Again Laura..."

Laura comes to Ashley's side. "Come, come dear. have a seat." She is rubbing Ashley's arm. "He has to do this, dear. It's his duty."

Ashley wipes away tears. "It's just so hard watching him leave."

"Is something else bothering you, dear?"

Ashley is silent, looking at her knees and fidgeting with her hands. Laura just watches her.

"Ashley?"

"Laura... I need him now." Ashley says then looks at Laura with tearful eyes.

"Oh dear..." Laura bows her head and silently prays to herself.

Ashley bows her head. A lone tear falls to her hands placed one upon the other on her lap.

"Lord... We pray right now for a healthy child and safe return of Eli. May you lay your loving arms around this family. Lord we love You. Amen."



(to be continued...)
© Copyright 2010 Courtney (charlie101392 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1642120-untitled