*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1642132-A-Plead-from-the-People
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1642132
dialogue between the Creator and the people
the Creator: Why do you cry to Me when your tragedy comes upon you. Why plead your sorrows now?
I remember in the days of your pleasure you casted me far from your thougths and discarded My love has something elusive and distant. But while you were busying yourselves with matters of trivial and pride, I was patiently watching and hoping that I may someday and somehow fall into your lives, that you would look and find I was here and wanting.

the People: We have not forgotten You. We acknowledge You. But the tolls of life You have placed upon us have kept us from You. Easy our toll and release us from our daily burdens and You shall have a faithful nation that will keep our vows of service.

the Creator: Oh foolish ones. Do you not know where your existence comes from? That I do provide the your daily needs in abundance. That I and I alone make it possible for you to plant, grow, and harvest. Still you seek the solace of your idols and gods that offer temporary pleasures and fleeing relief from self imposed afflictions. And now the folly of your trust in idols is upon you and your faithlessness is your ruin, run to your gods for deliverance, for I have closed my shutters with brassdoors and will not hear your wearisome pleads for peace and deliverance.

the People: We are coming to realize the folly of our ignorance but be patient with a people with a dull hearing and weak heart. Help us to understand our weaknesses and see that it is our idols that anchor us into the pit of ruin. Please do not utterly forget us. Please do not cast a lasting darkness upon our lives, but let us live and our children be at peace.

the Creator: Still foolish ones, I have not forgotten you but I am willing to make amends, and recapture Our love. I am here and wanting. Come to Me now, chisel away at the chain of your anchors that hold you captive, tear down the mounts of your idols and cast your gods into the bottomless sea.  Fasten yourselves to Me and My protection,  build up your trust in My faithfulness and take in My love, and renew your vows today, then you shall find the peace you seek.
© Copyright 2010 loveletters (kistina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1642132-A-Plead-from-the-People