*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1642136-Walls
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Aki
Rated: E · Other · Teen · #1642136
Being a senior in highschool doesn't mean I want to grow up.

         I sat in bed and stared at my wall. Two years ago I begged my parents to redo my room. I wanted white walls, I was too mature for the green walls of my childhood. White was clean and not childish. Now I miss the color. Growing up doesn't seem nearly as fun now that I am a senior in high school. I already have gotten into some colleges that I like and I know what I want to do but I am terrified. I already miss that awkward freshman year when being high schooler was a coveted title. Sophomore year was rough since all of my friends were meeting new people. Part way through junior year I reinvented myself. I met a group of new people who I got along with very smoothly. None of were considered the cool kids, but we were too busy having fun to realize it.

         Looking at the wall I realize how much of my life I wasted not meeting new people and going wild. I always followed the rules and was a good girl. Soon I am going to graduate and I will say goodbye to all of these kids that I grew up with.

         I'm far from the end of my life, but I feel like I missed out on something big. The white walls seem so sad and meaningless. I should have splatter painted them in neon colors. I should have shaved all my hair off and wore clothes that would have made me a lime green sheep in the herd of pure white.

         Now staring at my wall I remember movies, songs, and teachers reminding us constantly to be who we are.

         I rifle through my desk and find some permanent markers, I need more colors but these will work for now. My white walls need a change, they need some disorganized color. It's the first step in my own revolution.
© Copyright 2010 Aki (erikavogel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1642136-Walls