*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1642559-Character-Sketch---Unknown-and-Unnamed
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1642559
Another free-written character... PLEASE leave comments, especially with name suggestions.
Graceful but thin young adult, with an attractive face (especially if she were less gaunt). Angular, but curiously pleasing features. Acne problems and high intelligence with dark gun-blue tints to her bobbed black hair. Quiet but extremely devoted to her friends, which she carefully selects from the outcasts of the school for their unseen value. Never parades her intelligence, consistently lying down under insults to herself. But if a friend is attacked, physically or emotionally... she loses control. Her pale greenish-blue eyes, rimmed with a deeper blue, seem to catch hold of an unknown source of fire and her usually insignificant demeanor becomes fierce, proud and intimidating. Often misunderstood by her teachers and parents, and rejected by her unnerved peers. She only speaks with any normalcy or emotion to those she respects; namely, her chosen friends. High, arching, determined, but feminine eyebrows which emphasize the alien cast to her eyes. Extremely pale but clear skin doesn’t burn easily. Straight, clean teeth and firm profile with a long, slender neck. Walks daily along a powerful, lush river a short distance from her house rain or shine, and rarely misses school. Highly disciplined, but her parents are often heard demanding more and screaming at her for her ‘failures’. A slightly depressed air, but she isn’t in reality suicidal or depressed because of her extreme pride... She never conceals the way she feels; an elegant and competent liar who considers it to be inexcusably immoral to lie. Curious, but rational and has an understanding of when to leave something dangerous alone. Wears rich forest greens and grayish blues, usually with jeans or capris. Elegant style, but not particularly concerned with fads or trends – in fact, often blatantly disregards them and looks well-dressed nonetheless. The kind of class that many dream of, but never see or attain. Does not hope to or wish to find ‘him’, the perfect guy; not romantic in the least. Drawn to friends who are witty, chatty and sarcastic; especially if they respect others and hold very little bias. Is in and of herself completely dry and blunt, almost never speaking except to offer a crucial, overlooked point. Sometimes will take a friend aside to work out an issue in their life by talking them through it and pushing their talents in their faces. Often inclined to subtly involve herself in everything at school and solves many school dramas without the knowledge of those involved. Most of her relations with people add to her scorn, which most of her friends cannot understand. A lady of extremes, she is consumed with pride, but only where it is justified – often creates amazing, deeply stirring works of art and hides them in her locker at school. If they were discovered, her wrath would be terrifying. Doesn’t write in diaries, but expresses herself through the writing of eccentric books and sketches. Deeply emotional currents run below the surface. NEVER write from her perspective or give any insight into her thoughts! Definitely the mysterious one. Has nervous habits despite her calm, collected manner such as popping her slender fingers, chewing her nails to ragged stumps, snapping small twigs that she picks up at random and clicking pens incessantly (thus why she always uses wooden pencils and charcoal for her sketches if possible). Types with accuracy and finesse, almost never touching the backspace key and often writing rambling and nonsensical but appealing sentences. Always aces tests, and never misses an assignment; but essays are often rejected for their strange style, which is convoluted and logical simultaneously. A great writer of poetry, which she unfortunately scorns. An ear for music, not particularly good at singing... but an interesting voice. She could probably be an incredible singer with training, with a rich, deep and clear voice. Has no idea how to sing artistically, never sings in front of others; but near the river she often hums or matches the river’s pace with a slightly eerie melody conceived on the spot (using her scorned talent for verse and poetry). Mysterious childhood to everyone else’s eyes, but it was actually plain and ordinary; merely restrictive. Has no faith in god whatsoever.  A person of anger and anguish, suppressed with an opportunity for intensely passionate joy. Reminiscent of both wind and water.

I know this character sketch is a tad bit clichè - but I found myself wanting to write a lengthy sketch nonetheless. I have yet to think of a fitting name, and all suggestions are welcome.

Please leave thoughtful comments on how I can best improve this character! Changes in her personality will be reflected in my stories as well, so comments here may affect more than one Portfolio item. Thanks for reading!
© Copyright 2010 Ethyreal (ethyreal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1642559-Character-Sketch---Unknown-and-Unnamed