*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1642676-Become-the-Fire
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Young Adult · #1642676
When the teacher is more than a teacher, is it possible to understand why?
When you know that something you do will destroy people's lives, why do you do it? Why is the temptation to touch what is not to be touched, eat what is not to be eaten, kiss what is not to be kissed, why is this temptation so strong?

It is a strange thing when a thirteen year old, not that pretty, lion haired girl stands in assembly thinking, not about boys or make-up or even shopping and in fact this particular teen was thinking about a teacher, a teacher who taught history and was sitting at the back of the enourmous hall wondering what she was doing, he wasn't very tall and he was quite thin, with equally thin hair, his pointed features, thin framed glasses and half smile, protrayed a generally happy, cheery man who's pet hates of disobedience and negativity had been seen just as much as his jovial attitude.

'Please be seated.' the principle's high pitched voice echoed around the room as the sea of red and green clad girl's scrambled for a space on the wooden floor, the last one standing was Carol who slowly descended, chancing a quick glance back, just to check, Mr. Hall was there, along with all the other teachers. Their gazes locked for a split second and broke just as quickly as Carol spun her head round just in time to hear the end of the reading.

When assembley had ended Carol went about finishing her french revision, she had missed her french listening exam and was taking it again on friday and today it was tuesday and Carol had history next, settling herself on the floor in the library along with her usual group, some of which were in her form class some others were simply in her year in school, her thoughts became clouded with Mr. Hall and his more than familiar face.

'Did anyone manage to finish their geography' one said and the usual replies of 'What homework?' and 'When did we get that?' mixed among them, Carol stayed unusually quiet, thinking about the impending hour and a half of history they had after break.
'You're quiet today, Carol' her friend said, her name was Ashley and she was one of Carol's more talkative, active friends.
'Yeah, I'm fine.' Carol replied, her tone almost reaching deadpan.
'Are you sure?' her friend asked again, genuine concern on her smooth face, Ashley was pretty, with a good sense of humour, boys practically chased her, but she had already met her soulmate and everybody knew that they would last far more than forever.
'Yes Ashley,' Carol said a smile spreading across her face 'I'm one hundred percent sure.' They exchanged smiles and the rest of break passed slowly.

An empty, paper strewn history room is what greeted the two girls on entrance, they both laughed at how disorganised it was before taking their seats at one of the messiest tables just as a smiling Mr. Hall came in through the door.
'Hello girls!' he said, happily starting to clear paper off of their desk 'You're here early.'
'We wanted to actually be on time for class' Ashley laughed as the others started filing into the slightly tidier classroom, when everyone had sat down, they started on their new topic, but however hard Carol tried to concentrate, her mind always started to wander to other places other worlds...

But the peculiar thing was that the man standing teaching her class...

He was always there.

© Copyright 2010 Insomnia (insomniademon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1642676-Become-the-Fire