*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1643681-Girl-of-Darkness
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Mystery · #1643681
She lost so much, now she will find mystery.
"The graveyard was quiet.... Too quiet." I thought as I leaned against the cold headstone of my mother's grave. She died in an auto accident a year ago. Every night since I have come out to the cemetery to visit her. Being here tonight though made me feel even more nervous than usual.

The leaf less trees were completely still in the southern breeze of my Louisiana home. It had also dropped several degrees all of a sudden. I backed away from my mother's headstone and turned to face it. I looked down at the bouquet of white roses, and lilies I laid there.

I touched the soft petals of the flowers, then my mother's headstone.

"Night Mama." I said

As I was making my way out of the cemetary a pair of strong arms grabbed me from behind. Struggling to free myself my captor laughed a deep hearty laugh.

"Now, now don't struggle darling, this won't hurt a bit." he said with ice in his voice

I tried to scream, but before I could open my mouth his hand clamped around my throat.

He pressed his mouth to my ear and whispered,"If you wish to continue to breathe, then shut up."

At hearing that I decided to follow his oders. But I still fought him as he carried me out of the cemetary and down the street.

© Copyright 2010 MJBStorygirl (janellghost at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1643681-Girl-of-Darkness