*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644204-In-a-Time-of-Loss
by Ally
Rated: E · Draft · Death · #1644204
This draft or part of a eulogy talks about a twin and the loss of her sister.
In a Time of Loss

    It all started in the womb when we were once almost part of each other. We were completely together for nine months and nothing was going to separate us. Once our mom found out she was going to have twins she was overjoyed, but a little scared because having twins made her more prone to complications. By the time we were born, we were little angels and never wanted to be separated. Our parents decided to name us  Ally and Abby, which didn’t help because people couldn’t tell us apart as it was so having the almost the same name created even more confusion. I remember hearing that the doctor broke the hospital rules and put us in the same incubator because he, himself, could sense something was wrong. After we were put in the same incubator, everything was fine and we were healthy as could be.

         By the time we were two, we were very active and always did everything together. We were even forced to dress the same until we got a little older and thought it would be fun to be different for once. Once we started getting a little older, we became very involved in sports and loved to be outside. You were always the girly girl and I was always the tom boy so we definitely began to realize our differences. Even though we were different I still think we were best friends and we always seemed to laugh at the same things. It was kind of weird because we often seemed to be thinking of the same things and one would say something while the other was sitting there in awe thinking that was the same thing she was thinking about, probably something to do with the fact that we share some of the same brain cells or something.

         Once we reached the teenage years, now, there was definitely some big differences between us. I am always obsessed with sports and you were always worried about impressing the guys. I always found it funny when you acted like a dumb blonde because I  would often catch you in that little phase of yours, but we both got a good laugh out of it. We would fight a lot, disagree with certain things, and scream our heads off at each other, but in the end something would usually happen where we could have died from laughing so much. It was nice being able to work on homework together and always feel that comfort in knowing that we both had each other when times got bad.

         I am going to miss many things about you whether it was your nice, caring smile or your absent-minded, dumb blonde attitude. I am going to miss looking back or thinking about all the memories we had together. I am going to miss that other “part” of me that I could always rely on for extra help or support. I am going to miss being rebels together and having the time of our life knowing that we could have had to face serious consequences if we would have gotten caught. I can’t explain how I feel realizing that I will never be the same without you here by my side and losing the strong friendship we shared. Without you I am incomplete, but I only hope to be with you again someday and share all of our memories again and again.

© Copyright 2010 Ally (frasealy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644204-In-a-Time-of-Loss