*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644228-SummaryReaction-to-Obamas-SotUA
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1644228
This is a summary and reaction to President Obama's state of the union address
In his state of the union address, President Obama covers what he has been and will be doing to help move the United States of America forward and into more prosperous times. He begins with the economy. The president talks about how the root of the problem is the banks and proposes that the banks be charged a fee to pay back the taxpayers that helped to bail the banks out in their time of need. He then explains how he increased unemployment benefits and cut taxes for small businesses, college students, and over 95% of working families. The plan that made all of that possible is the Recovery Act. Obama states that in order to create new jobs, there has been an increase in the study of clean energy. This not only helped to create new jobs but also put the United States back in the race for clean fuel. His third focus was on the export of more goods. Obama tells of the work he has been doing to strengthen trade agreements. The president then goes into the importance of education and his explanation of its reform. He ends by discussing his wife tackling childhood obesity, the distrust between the citizens of the United States and its government, how to get the nation out of its trillions and trillions of dollars of debt, and health care reform. As always, Obama uses his great oratory skills to deliver a speech that, at times, would send goosebumps down your arm. But swift words are no replacement for swift action. I believe that Obama is an amazing public speaker but I do not believe he is doing as great of a job as president as his speech makes it seem.
© Copyright 2010 Tyler Durden (jeremy5099 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644228-SummaryReaction-to-Obamas-SotUA