*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644274-Memories
Rated: E · Essay · Personal · #1644274
It is my personal feelings and memories. I miss you Shailee.




         Do you Remember.....?




         I miss you.....



         It has been four years since I have seen you, my littlr Shailee. There is also the three years age difference....Suddenly the distance between us is seven years instead of a few thousand miles. Will I ever reach you again? Will we ever cover this seven years distance and be together again? You are no longer the ten year old kid i left behind, neither am I the same twelve year old girl. Yet, we were so close... we were twins.



         I want to see you, Shailee. I want to see you, meet you, ask you if you still have all the memories I do. Do you remember me, Shailee? Do you remember the times we have spent hours talking to eachother? the times we have gotten in trouble together? the times i have taken the punishment for you and you for me? or the times we both denied everything and blamed the maid?



         Do you remember meeting at grandma's house every weekend? running up and down the stairs all day? playing with barbies, watching cartoons, and eating chocolate without other's knowledge?



         Do you remember climbing those trees and falling asleep on them? Do you remember tumbling down the slopy hills trying to race? Do you remember trying to ride our bike up the mountain? and failing miserably? Do you remember sneaking snacks and two bottles of juice out of the house to go "picnic" in the payground?



          Do you remember playing house, with you the mother and me the child? Do you remember playing dress up? messing with our mothers' make-up? doing eachother's hair?

Do you remember how offended you got-we got- when my friend dared call us cousins? And we both replied, "We are sisters!".  Although we were that close, do you remember our fights? How we did not talk to eachother for hours? Do you remember that one time when i beat you up but you forgave me in an instance?



         Do you remember sleeping on the roof and planning for the future? Do you remember our promise? That we wanted to marry in the same house-preferably brothers? Do you remember that we wanted to name our kids after eachother?



          I have had many best friends and close friends, but i can truly say no one can ever replace you, my dear. You are my sister, my twin, my cousin, my best friend, my arch enemy, the trouble maker, the most beautiful person I know.... you are each of that and more, much more.



         I promise you one thing today, Shailee. We will be together again, soon. I know you do remember i keep my promises.

© Copyright 2010 Aashi Ray (abhilashak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644274-Memories