*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644352-Sexual-Preditors-Proposal
by wrdz
Rated: 13+ · Editorial · Adult · #1644352
This way you can't hide.
Copy and Paste if you wish to.


Proposal:

Stopping “Hidden Sexual Predators”

There might be a way to stop predators from “disappearing”.

What about passing a federal law that if convicted of a sexual crime, be it against another of same sex, or opposite sex, be it adult or minor, that said party must wear a GPS Tracking device for the rest of their natural life, and be instated to a federal sex offender registry for life. Both of these things are mandatory. Each state would be issued a substantial amount of the tracking GPS monitors.

Naturally, these would be paid for by tax payer money, with each tax payer being charged an added amount to their federal income tax each year for a specified amount of years to fund the purchase of the GPS devices. Said individuals wearing these devices would NOT be allowed outside of their state of residence - period. If individual is seen by monitor leaving their home state at ANY time, said individual is to be returned to their state of residence and permanently incarcerated for life, still wearing the device (for purposes in case individual escapes from prison, they can easily be found.) These devices are NOT removable except by a key. The “strap” is made of metal.

Now, if you wanted to, this could be put to a state-by-state law instead of a federal law, with each state being responsible for the purchase of the GPS Tracking devices, but the federal part of it comes into play if individual is captured after being outside their state of residence. I for one, would not mind paying some extra on taxes to fund keeping sexual predators from being able to leave this state at their own will, only to go somewhere else to violate someone else. And I’m sure that others would also be willing to fund such a project.

Anyone who is on a sex offender registry, and escapes to another state, when captured, goes to the nearest federal penitentiary for life. It is not necessary, and preferably not, for them to have committed a sex crime again. Just the mere fact that they have violated their “right” and ability to be free with restrictions is enough to justify their being sent to a federal penitentiary for life.

I feel that sexual predators are being treated far too leniently. It’s like it’s a “slap on the wrist” to be put on a sex offender registry, because you can always leave the state and not tell anyone, and go to another state, and change your name to whatever you want, get a false ID and be lost “forever”. With a permanent tracking device that is extremely hard to get off, and being on the sex offender registry for life, with a chance of being sent to a federal penitentiary for the rest of your natural life, it might make some stop and say they better stay where they are. Walking the streets with a GPS Tracking device, and being able to freely roam your state of residence is better than being in a federal penitentiary, still wearing the same GPS Tracking device. The GPS Tracking device also serves to tell the general public that the wearer is a sexual predator.

This might sound like something out of “Star Wars”, but drastic times call for drastic measures. The present day “remedies” just don’t seem to be doing the trick. I feel it is time to try something different.



My name is not important, but my idea just might be important.

Please keep my anonymity. Thank you.
© Copyright 2010 wrdz (wrdz1speaks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644352-Sexual-Preditors-Proposal