*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645273-Dear-Daddy
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Children's · #1645273
Letter written by a sixteen year old to her estranged father
Dear Daddy,
This letter is my way of dealing with your abandonment. When you left me at Grandma's ten years ago, you promised to visit every weekend. Every weekend, I would pack my bags and stay up all night waiting on you but you never came. After a couple of months I started thinking something bad had happened to you. It wasn't until my sixteenth birthday last week, that reality hit me. You never intended to come back.
You have no clue how hard it was growing up without a dad. Sure Mamma remarried, but that didn't work out. He ended up beating me and nearly killing me. I had to grow up fast when Mamma died. At fifteen I had to quit school and get a job in order to survive.
I could continue telling you all the bad things that happened, but I don't feel like wasting my time. If you really cared, you would have looked for me. I hope wherever you are, you have a good life. One thing I can say I learned from you is that when I have kids of my own, I will always be there for them.
© Copyright 2010 dawn ashworth (autumnlynn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645273-Dear-Daddy