*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645372-The-King-and-The-Mystics
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1645372
A story of mine.
A man, a king he was. Of his land land there had been no greater conquerer than he. His name was Thaven, swordsman without equal. He was considered not only strong but intelligent as well. But he would soon learn his intelligence was lacking for he stayed withing the confines of his own lands rarely leaving his borders. He was at one time foolish enough to believe his race was the only race on the earth. It would be soon that he found out otherwise.
He had decided one day to venture forth from his lands to seek anew. He had done so unprepared for the dangers unknown to him. When he was outside of his land, the mystic creatures discovered their presence. Since they were new to these creatures and understood nothing of them, they decided to destroy these creatures that dared wander into their lands. They were only miles away form their land when they were attacked.
Being attacked by these mystic creatures similar to them, they took the natural response of defending themselves. What they did not know was that the Mystics were studiers of magic unknown to them. Unknown to the mystics, the humans were physically superior to them. As the battle drudged on both became very tired and grew desperate for a slip up on the others' part.
There came a simultaneous fault in each others fighting when they proceeded to take advantage of these mistakes they ended up destroying themselves. The kings men and the Mystics were both destroyed for dabbling in each others power. Because of the mistake on both their parts they were wiped out from the land never to grow again.

The moral of the story is: When at War with each other, the only results are the hurt caused by each other.
© Copyright 2010 Michael G. Smith (gabrielmase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645372-The-King-and-The-Mystics