*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645559-Dont-Burn-the-Cookies
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1645559
Dialogue 500 contest; A boy and his mom work to ensure a perfect batch of cookies.
“Mom!!  Mom!  Mom!!  The timer is going off!”

“Ryan, I'm right here in the laundry room.  I’ll be right there….give me a second to dig the clean potholders out of the dryer!”

“But, Mom!!  The timer is going off right now and the cookies are going to burn!”

“They won’t burn, honey.  I will be there in just a second!”

“Oh no!  The timer is dinging and the cookies are burning, I just know it!!  Now I won‘t have any cookies for my Valentine‘s party at school!”

“Relax, Ryan!  You will have cookies!  I just need one potholder!  Really, it has to be in this dryer somewhere!  Hold on!”

“HURRY, Mom!  I think I smell them burning!”

“Ryan, I don’t smell anything!  Why don’t you come in here and help me find the stupid potholder!  I am having no luck!”

“Mom!  Mom!  I can really smell the cookies burning now.  They’re going to be black!!”

“Hey, kid!  Why don’t you stop yelling at me and get in here!  I can’t take a hot pan out of the oven without a potholder!”

“Oh, Mom!!  I can hear them burning now!”

“RYAN!  You can’t possibly hear cookies burning!….Oh! I got it!  I found the potholder!  Ryan, here I come!!”

“Hooray, Mom!  Woo-hoo!  Get the cookies out!  Get the cookies out!!”

“Watch out, Ryan, let me open the oven door…”

“Are they burnt?  Are they, Mom?  Are they burnt and black??”

“Um, noooo…..definitely not burnt….in fact, I think there’s no better way to ensure unburnt cookies than to make them this way, with the oven OFF!!  Whoops!”


WC: 264
© Copyright 2010 Used2BWild (terrified at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645559-Dont-Burn-the-Cookies