*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646116-Fantasy-Readers-Online-Writing-Contest
Rated: E · Bulletin · Contest · #1646116
Fantasy Readers Online Writing Contest
Now about this contest, here’s how it works:

Entry is FREE!
We post stories on the site and offer them to our readers free of charge.
Readers are asked to review the story and leave comments as well as rate them.
Contest Coordinator chooses one story that did not make the top twenty for publication and posts it online as an "Honorable Mention."
Top 20 rated stories (determined by a calculation of highest number of votes) each quarter are published in the fantasy anthology The Multiverse: Stories of Fantasy

And don't worry about your story getting "stolen". It's a silly notion since you have all rights from the moment you create it, but in any event, we will have ratings and post dates on the story.

On a side note, artists interested in submitting their artwork for cover publication should also send a .jpg attachment to the submissions department. It MUST be at least 300 DPI to be usable for the cover. If enough pieces of art are submitted we will run a separate contest for cover art selection! As with the stories, by submitting the artwork you are giving Fantasy Readers Online permission to use your work on the cover of the anthology. If we like it and want to use it on our site we will contact you directly about it.

All profits (after site costs and printing costs) from the anthology will be donated to National Novel Writing Month in support of their Young Writer's Program.

Prizes and eligibility: The contest is open to both professional and non-professional writers. The best 20 stories will be published in the anthology The Multiverse: Stories of Fantasy (up to 20 qualitfying entries must be received per quarter, so spread the word and encourage others to join in the fun!). Submission to the contest implies consent for publication if the story qualifies, but all rights revert immediately to the authors upon publication. Coordinators screen the entries, and the best submissions go on to the Judges--the fantasy readers! Decisions of the judges and coordinators in all these matters are final. There is NO entry fee. Multiple submissions (maximum of 2) are allowed.

Format:

Stories must be from the Fantasy genre.
Stories must be original, unpublished, unsold
Stories must be no less than 2000 words and no more than 4000 words in length.
Submit in contest format: (due to transferring the stories to online format, please read these guidelines carefully! Failure to follow these guidelines will result in rejection of your entry!)

12 pt Times New Roman font
Double spaced
Hard breaks between paragraphs, not indentation. Indentations will not show up when the story is posted online and we cannot take the time to edit to format for the contest.
Saved as a .pdf or .rtf format. We cannot open Word, please save it appropriately!
In the Subject field of the email it MUST read: Submission/Story Title (Insert your title here) so that we can find the winning entries easier. Failure to do this will result in rejection of your entry! (If you are making multiple submissions, you must send a SEPARATE EMAIL for each submission!)

Are you ready to submit your short story to the Fantasy Readers Online Reader's Choice Contest? Visit http://www.fantasyreadersonline.com

Judges: The readers! Once the coordinators have screened an entry it will be posted and the author will receive an email back with the link directly to their story, at which time they can spread the word to everyone they know and the readers will determine the winners.
© Copyright 2010 Star Davies (stardavies at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646116-Fantasy-Readers-Online-Writing-Contest