*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646332-The-Emotion-and-Logic-of-Love
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1646332
An insight into the true meaning and origins of love.
The Emotion and Logic of Lost Love

Why does everything remind me of you in this dark place between lovers, the images coming without warning and lingering after they have gone? One can’t help wonder if all of our shared experiences in time and space were worthwhile, two lines of reality for a short time so strongly affecting the other. The irony you ask, the irony is that the answer to this enigma is irrelevant. Dwelling on mistakes that might have been made, things that should have been said that where not, only lead us to hide from our true destiny. However I will hide in this place of shadows, this strange place of almost beautiful melancholy, until I’m ready to see the light of the living again. She is out there and I shall unveil her, too much time has been invested in preparation to fail. I know the stakes are high, how much can one traveler of this infinitely complex world take before shattering. I ask myself is there any other game worth playing, is there any prize more miraculous? I sit and think to myself, am I choosing to act out this charade for myself or is there another reason. Am I just fulfilling a ripple of existence left over from the caveman, brutishly struggling to plant his seeds into the future, praying for immortality? Is love the grimy biological act of reproduction and nothing more? Are our brains telling us these wonderful, and awful, and silly things to ensure the survival of our race? Trillions of chemicals reaction perfected over millennia of trial and error, at the expense of the unsuccessful. Has this process of evolution been so crafty? Have we been fooled into thinking that this love is the true meaning of our time here? The answer to this question is yes. For those who choose not to play this grimy game will lead down the dying branch, producing no offspring to be tortured by the mechanism that brought them here. It’s funny really; knowing the truth doesn’t make it any easier. This evolutionary process so successfully providing its progeny with the advantageous behaviors of its sires and dams that the logical mind loses out, unable to quiet the urge to love, mating two point O.
© Copyright 2010 PhilGrausy (st9mm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646332-The-Emotion-and-Logic-of-Love