*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646418-Bonds-Prologue
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1646418
Will the master be able to stop his apprentice?
“What’s wrong with you!?” Jardien exclaimed.



“Do it now!” Tyѐ pleaded.



“I can’t hold it much longer!” Prine groaned.



Rahjen was torn. This wasn’t supposed to happen. His mind raced on as he watched Prine struggle with all his might to hold Xaner down. The Quad barrier. He knew the spell too well. He spent almost half his life perfecting this element amalgamation with his best of friends. He watched Tyѐ and Jardien do the first part of the amalgamation, forcing Xaner inside a gale of flame. Tyѐ lit the ground on fire as she danced her spell out, immobilizing Xaner. Jardien blew over the flame which became a wall of flame that surrounded Xaner. The once green ground cracked in pain as the growing flame turned anything it touched to ash. Prine was next. He had successfully erected his fortress of stone, walls thick as a Minotaur’s hide and hard as diamond, the impenetrable barricade would serve as the containment of the flame gale. Without it, the whole forest would burn to the ground. The barricade shook as Xaner strived to break free. Prine let out an angry growl as he could not hold his stance anymore. The fortress was crumbling. Pressure mounted on Rahjen’s chest and confused him all the more. It was his turn, he was panicking. The ice deluge is the final step to seal him, to freeze the opponent’s existence for all time.



A tear fell from Rahjen’s eye. He raised his hands and cried, “I’m sorry.”



In a flash, the Kraskal Forest disappeared from their eyes. The once overgrown surroundings of a moss green forest turned into a sea of gold wheat fields. They were back in Andalea Fields, a whole country away from Kraskal forest. Xaner was nowhere to be seen.



Rahjen faced his friends with pleading eyes and collapsed to the ground. Jardien was quick to catch him and laid him down.



“Whoa. I never thought he could have mastered distortion of space in such a short period of time.” Jardien said.



“Too bad he passed out, I wanted to pummel the life out of him,” Prine crossly said, “We had him! We could’ve ended it. . .”



“But it was too soon for Rahjen. We should’ve talked to him about it first.” Tyѐ sighed, “We cou--”



“What’s there to talk about? What’s done is done!” Prine interjected.



Jardien and Tyѐ looked at each other. Jardien sighed.



“Prine,” Tyѐ said calmly. She stooped down to caress Rahjen’s cheek. They looked down on their friend with pitiful stares on their faces. Pain was still etched on Rahjen’s face. Markings of dried tears were eminent on his face and a drop of blood dripped from his nose.



“How could we expect the master to bring his most beloved student to demise?”
© Copyright 2010 purpleyed (purpleyes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646418-Bonds-Prologue