*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1647801-The-forest
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1647801
Descriptive writing about the forest.
The sky a deep turquoise, Wilbur stood with eyes scrunched and mouth open, staring with fascination, the overwhelming immensity of the vastness belittled him; no man could take such beauty at once. Magnificent clouds hung layered in the sky, radiating an iridescence from the outlines that looked like god himself had neatly given the clouds a lick of fresh oil.The sun, rich in honey oil luminescence, began to creep from behind the clouds, illuminating the valley below with heaven-like rays; spiky-black shrubs protruded from the rich mossy soil in between barks of sap-drenched pine trees, scattered unevenly like the liver spots on an old man's hand.The sheer beauty and tranquility brought about moisture to Wilbur's love-forsaken eyes, and inhaling deeply, the fresh essence of damp mountain grass stung his nose sharply.
© Copyright 2010 Morbid_Duck (frogger69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1647801-The-forest