*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1647978-Just-Once
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1647978
Two lives are on the line, and a tough desicion has to be made.
The key fumbled, the shaking of his hand making the key, yet again, miss the lock. With a sigh, he stared down at quivering hands.
Why now? When the prince needed his loyalty the most? What was happening to him? He felt like his heart was being torn in two; His loyalty for the prince, and his feelings for her. How could he possibly pick one over the over the other?
His hand fumbled yet again. A tortured scream echoed throughout the corridors, the sound lingering for another painstaking second in his mind. Her scream felt as if he had been stabbed in the gut.
Damn it all! He had sworn his life to protect the prince, but he hadn’t sworn hers! This wasn’t right!
He would gladly die for the prince, but he wouldn’t let her loose her life too. Gritting his teeth with determination, he turned on his heel, and, feet pounding heavily against the stone, burst into a desperate run.
The prince would forgive him, he thought, a weak attempt at justifying his actions, for choosing emotion over duty, just this once.
© Copyright 2010 Janks1516 (janks1516 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1647978-Just-Once