*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1647996-Rethink
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1647996
Elise wanted to meet Delano since the first day of school but now she's not so sure.
Elise walked into Melody High feeling raring and ready for another year in high-school. Shoving her silver headband back farther in her long black hair she smiled at the principal, Mr. Walker. Finally getting to the second floor of the grey brick school she quickly fiound her locker, which had been the same last year, number 184. Just then she heard her name being called in a familiar Irish voice, her best friend and cousin, Catriona. Elise twirled around to come face-to-face with the slight, freckled nose of her brunette cousin. Catriona smiled down at her with careful bambi eyes. "Did you see the new guy? He is so cute! His name is Delano." Catriona's fox-brown eyes glittered with excitement as she placed a hand on Elise's shoulder and turned her around, away from her locker. "There he is," she said, pointing to a tall, skinny boy with sand-coloured hair, dark grey eyes, and a beautifully dimpled smile. As Elise stared at him she felt her heart drop, wanting to meet Delano. Catriona shoved Elise in the shoulder, nudging her toward the new hottie. Just as Elise got close enough to him to start talking, the bell rang. She sighed heavily and trudged back to her locker, where she grabbed her english textbook, a red pen, blue pen, and notebook.

Mrs. Lewis smiled at Elise, tossing her maple hair to the side. Elise marched in, taking a seat smack in the centre of the classroom. "Hello, Miss Gordon. Glad you could join us finally. You know that you were almost late, right?" Nodding, Elise said that she was sorry and Mrs. Lewis forgave her but sternly asked it to never happened again. "Okay, what I thought we could do as a first assignment for me to see where you are is to write a piece on one of your classmates, and then summarize someone else's piece, aswell as saying what genre that it is written in. Alright?" She glared around the room, looking for nods and other gestures to tell her that everyone was awake. She then pulled a slip of college-ruled paper from the cluttered desk beside her and said, "These are the pairs; Libby March and Ariel Quinn, Brian Richard and Joel Keegan," Libby and Ariel, already best friends, exchanged high-fives as Brian, an aspiring athlete and extreme jock , huffed an angry sigh because he would never want to be paired with someone as "geeky" as Joel. Elise looked around the room wonderingly, searching for other familiar faces as Mrs. Lewis continued to call out names. She notciced her old friend Melissa Reed with her ever-tied-up sunshine hair and mossy eyes, aswell as red-headed Ricky Heffer, an amazing chess player and her former boyfriend. As she turned her head toward the back of the simple room she heard her name being called, "And finally, Elise Gordon and Delano Fergus. Now I will give you twenty minutes to gather information from your partner. Use that time well," Mrs. Lewis turned and sait down in her office chair as everyone scrambled to get to their partners.

As Elise stood up awkwardly she felt a strong hand on her shoulder. She turned around on her left heel and almost ran into Delano. He smiled his dimpled smile and said in a beautiful voice, "Hey. You are Elise, right?" Staring, she nodded once and smiled. They sat down and Elise opened her notebook to a fresh page.

****THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS! IF ANYTHING SUCH AS THE TITLE CONFUSES YOU, PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN YOUR REVIEWS BECAUSE IT MAY BE ANSWERED COME THE CONTINUATION OF THE STORY! THANKS,
C.C.
© Copyright 2010 chesschamp_1 (chesschamp_1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1647996-Rethink