*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1648126-Broken
Rated: · Other · Other · #1648126
Part of my book
The blackness swirled around her she could see the dark pool of water, like a pool of murky black oil with a sheer flicker of silver rising on the top reflecting the moons numinous strength. It traced with its long slim like fingers figure eights on the top of the deep slick surface of the lake; with each movement of the wind it called her name. It was far…. and a faint whisper at first “Ninnnnaaa” “Ninnnaaa” almost the tone of a mother hushing her baby to sleep. It didn’t stay that way for long she could feel the wind pick up speed, her curls of light being lifted with each passing breath. Her arms felt cold, numb…she felt the first shiver run down the back of her shoulders and move to the small of her back. She felt her skin tense, her muscles twitch, her mouth dry and her lips part but nothing, it was silencing her. It wanted her, he wanted her.. It was vociferous and thunderous with each clap of the wind striking the trees in a force so controlling……. sending each tree kneeling to its side like a solider stooping to its commander. It Screamed her name “NINA” “NINA” NINA” he’s coming RUN!!!She couldn’t run she was paralyzed, motionless, her body suspended in a state of pure terror. She could see him now ….rising above ..walking on the sheer silver reflecting path. Coming toward her …..with slow steady steps.. moving …gliding ..he was coming. It was Daniel calling her, she felt his breath ...it was stale ….with a sulfur smell.. he was close. She felt a hand reach behind her and it covered her mouth and nose.. she could smell his hand. The smell of embittered flesh rotting…. the smell of putrid decaying life in its purest form….evil….it had plagued her ; entered her body with each breath.. reaching for her soul. Grabbing at her hips and pushing its hand up her neck and passing through each hair, each blond sun kissed strand of curls….until finally.. she was encircled , She couldn’t breathe, she was gasping, pulling the air in as hard as she could. Her heart rate rose with each passing moment that seem like an eternity, more violently each time her body heaving for air, she was powerless. She fought, pulling all her strengths that she possessed. Analyzing each moment, each thought, each second. Trying to come to reason what was about to happen. She could feel his breathing on the back of her neck it covered her body in sheer like sheet of absolute fear….the amber light weakening and becoming… even more distant……………………………………………… than ever before .
Nina felt something warm trickle down her lips, it was hot, she could taste it. Moving slowly down her bottom full lip and circling her tongue, gently falling like a leave suspended in mid air… by the cool night breezes that autumn would often bring….the taste was pungent, harsh and sweet all at the same time. Nina knew this taste well……..she had tasted this before…it was her soul, her being…. it was her blood……….


© Copyright 2010 Tinkerbell31 (tinkerbell31 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1648126-Broken